Head - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - 1908 Single Ring w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Spieck
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

10/10

Old school classic. If I was driving a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon yesterday I'm enjoying a weekend summer cruise to a beach with the top down in a '57 Chevy today.

I wish I got into these old types a long time ago. I really like this thin top cap type. I enjoy the handle on the bulldog and big fellow more but this standard single ring took me back in time for sure and was a joy to use. The bulldog handle is thicker and has the barber pole and the big fellow the thicker and longer handle with deeper knurling.

But all of them have been very efficient and ridding the top cap feels comfortable. I did twist back today for the face and snugged back up for the neck. No drama and highly efficient. Love it.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite (76)
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (3)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Stirling Soap Co Unscented Post Shave Balm

Shave #1 with Nacet (1) new blade

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; smooth; DFS+ shave. The Nacet appears to be less sharp than the Perma-Sharp Super on the first shave. The Nacet was almost tugging ATG on the first shave. A little buffing was needed on the upper lip. I would prefer the Perma-Sharp based on first shave results.

Shave #2 with Perma-Sharp (1) new blade

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; DFS+ shave. A pleasant shave. The Perma-Sharp Super is definitely sharper than the Nacet on the first shave. I would prefer the Perma-Sharp based on first shave results.

Shave #3 with Nacet (2)

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. Not as much pulling on this shave compared to shave #1.

Shave #4 with Gillette PermaSharp (2)

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. A tad closer and smoother than the Nacet on it’s second shave.

Shave #5 with Gillette Nacet (3)

No nicks; No irritation; Close; Very Smooth; A pleasant DFS shave. The blade is losing sharpness but stays smooth.

Shave #6 with Gillette PermaSharp (3)

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. Much closer than the Nacet on the 3rd shave.

Like all things in wet shaving, YMMV.

Shave log summary 20230311

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom