What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

IMG_2235.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The Goodfellas Smile Styletto Nero/Black x Gillette Super Platinum, Cella Crema da Barba, Aqua Velva
StylettoNero.jpg

Wow! While this is the most aggressive version of the Styletto, I would rather place it on the "Razorock Scale" between Game Changer .84 SB and below the Game Changer .84 OC. So, it's rather medium to medium aggressive in my book! This is a great daily shaver, not a truly aggressive razor.

As some suspected it: It's a Game Changer type head with MORE exposure, the blade is sticking out more, and MORE gap. A dialed up Game Changer with fancy stabilizers and a very special handle.
The result is that the Styletto has a bit more sound than usual for Game Changers with safety bar, not as much as the Alpha Shaving Outlaw, somewhere in between. The shave is deeper, which I like, too. Felt a minor burn with the after shave, which I rate as sign of a positively deep and clean shave.

Very nice design feature: The O-Ring integrated into the handle protects baseplate and handle perfectly. Neat design, check in on their website. You can replace the ring if you want, but it's not that easy to get it out and in.
The coating and the deep spiral design of the handle: Extremely good grip! Surprising, but it is not only the VERY deep spiral, but the coating also is kinda sticky. Weirdly enough, it doesn't cause problems for the cap to glide. But cleaning it to make it shine nicely black requires some more effort to get rid of soap.

Verdict: There is a wide smile on my face right now, not even John Gotti or Lucky Luciano had such a wide smile, the Godfather in the famous movies himself never had such a wide smile. Molto bene!
This razor exceeded my expectations in every regard and takes a place next to the Wunderbar and DS-XT, Apollo Light, Timeless Slim OC. It's smoother and easier to use than my more aggressive Outlaw, the two have an interesting fight: the very best knurls of the Alpha Bravo handle vs the spiral and grip due to coating of the Styletto. I love them both.

Top Bottom