What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Rex Envoy / Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Black) / Bandidos Shaving Gel / Dapper Dan Green After Shave
envoy.jpg

My Envoy, going for some reason by the name Takeshi Kovacs, is suffering from not being an Ambassador and tries to impress the other razors in my razor cabinet by grandstanding on its XXL stand, taking up place which would usually be occupied by four other razors.

The Envoy, by virtue of its short handle and quite high blade exposure, makes me adjust my usual technique of super long strokes, all down the chin in one fell and fast swoop, adjust to many more small and short strokes. Without that I always have a rather unpleasant blade presence, despite me craving some blade in general. So many short strokes it is. The short and super grippy handle is for that style extremely well suited.

The shaving gel was rather a beard styling gel, I still have a 1l bottle of it that doesn't ever seem to drain. The Gillette Super Platinum again amazes me, it gives some much desired cushioning while staying sharp nevertheless. It seems to be a good fit for most razors and suits the Envoy very well.

This shave is dedicated to a shaving buddy who doesn't get along well with his Ambassador. Despite the ongoing diplomatic shaving crisis the Ambassador has not yet been sent away or thrown out of the window, like some diplomats in Berlin.

P.S. I read Dapper Dan, green version, is a lot like Mennen Skin Bracer, and in some markets sold as Don Draper. It's nothing special, I just happen to still have some of it. You should like some menthol.

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_014835~3.jpg
    IMG_20211106_014835~3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Top Bottom