What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Fatip Mk1 and Mk2/ Bolzano
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rex Ambassador with a Kai blade first use. Three and half days between shaves. Tough and heavy beard with sensitive skin around my neck. Dialed it to a 2 for my WTG pass and then down to 1 for my CTG pass and final ATG pass.

Very nice shave. First time using the Kai. Very sharp and smooth blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been at this wet shaving game since the early Spring, so I am several months in. My first razor, like many, was the Van Der Hagen/Weishi TTO. I haven't touched it in months, but decided today I'd give it a go just to see how my opinion has changed if any. I tried a blade I haven't used before -- Rapira Swedish Supersteel.

I got in there, did a 3 pass shave and got BBS with no nicks. It was about as good of a shave as my other razors, although more mild of course. I suppose my technique has gotten better. That and I no longer use those crappy blades that came with the razor (does anyone like those? Haven't seen a single person say they like them). If you are new and using the VDH, I HIGHLY recommend throwing the blades that came with it in the trash and buying a proper tuck of blades. Just pick a blade at random. Go with Astra or something. Anything besides those blades.

Anyway, this goes to show you can get a good shave even with cheap Chinese equipment. The VDH/Weishi is actually modeled after one of the old TTO Gillettes I think (Super speed maybe?), so it is perfectly OK to use.

Top Bottom