What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

PreWar Tech
PermaSharp
IMG_5639.jpg

RR-GC .84-P / Crown Super Stainless (1)

First time with this blade. Didn't even buy it specifically, it was a bonus freebie added by the vendor into a bulk order of some other blades, and a pleasant surprise. Very nice shave, efficient and easy, and felt completely safe with it. Works very well with the GC .84. No glue dots to deal with either, which is always a plus. :)

1910 Gillette Single Ring / vintage Gillette Thin Carbon / Proraso Green pre/soap / Avon Spicy -- excited for my first SR shave since mid March against 8 day growth. I thought the razor was freshly honed and wouldn't need stropping but it pulled at the toe doing sideburns and refused to cut at the heel. Disappointed, I relathered and grabbed the MicroMatic OC and one stroke near the goatee and the whiskers were all still there, so either that blade was done or my whiskers were steel. I dug out the 1910 Single Ring and a fresh vintage Thin and "disappeared everything" in its path; SR shave #98 can wait til next week.

I mentioned the GEM PTFE in the MMOC blade wouldn't cut at all to my wife and her response was "I think I used it to scrape some tape residue off of the countertop in there, and it seemed plenty sharp then." "Mystery solved" was what I was thought, "I doubt you dulled it, these GEM blades usually don't last past five shaves anyway," is what I said. After 37+ years I've learned it's best to not poke the bear on Friday morning; sure, it only makes the weekend seem long and cold.

Top Bottom