What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

F37892EB-0D5F-4DDB-A5C0-AEBBE633008B.jpeg

The wife and I went to hear Jordan Peterson speak at the Saenger Theater in Pensacola Florida and got to meet him later. After his talk he answered tough questions from VIP ticket holders until after 11 pm. He is undoubtedly one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. If you want a challenge read Maps of Meaning, an easier read is 12 Rules for Life, an Antidote to Chaos. All his books are well worth your time.

Shave is from yesterday morning in the hotel. Dragon Tech never fails to deliver with a GSB.
IMG_3103.jpeg

Last edited:
Yaqi Beast / Sharp Titanium (3)

IMG_20220327_105748877.jpg

I recently debuted the Yaqi Mellon razor. Despite its intimidating aggressive looks, Yaqi Mellon is a mild razor. It is supposed to retain water & shaving cream in the head. Making it good for buffing & delivering a mild & very smooth shave.

The beauty of the Yaqi Mellon is that you're getting 2 razors for the price of 1. If you want a more aggressive or efficient shave, combine the Melon's OC head cap with the closed bar base plate of a YAQI Scalloped Safety Bar Head, their DE89 clone head. The Yaqi Beast gives a High Shave Profile with more Blade Exposure & Blade Gap.

I don't have a YAQI Scalloped Safety Bar Head. Instead I created a frankenrazor Beast using the bottom closed bar base plate & handle of my Edwin Jagger Kelvin razor. For the first time ever, I double stacked my DE blade, by cutting the blade in half and inserted them on one side of the razor. Double stacking is supposed to help reduce blade chatter & increases blade rigidity along with blade stability inside the head cap by adding more pressure. Hat tip to Youtuber Subie Shaves for demonstrating & advocating this blade hack.

IMG_20220327_104041427.jpg

I shaved with the Yaqi Beast with short & slow deliberate strokes, & did not shave on areas of my face without shaving cream. BTW, I was able to create a moist creamy yogurt like lather with Pedro Fiasco shave soap. I recommend A&E's value soap. With more aggressive razor's I slow down & use a very light, no pressure approach with a steeper shave angle. The Beast is not a razor for beginners or shavers that don't enjoy aggressive razors with plenty of blade feel. For my debut shave with the Beast, I had no bloodshed and no irritation. The Beast easily mowed down my wiry gray stubble of 73 hours of growth. A real stubble buster! An extremely close & smooth BBS shave result. Great Shave!! I live dangerously. The even more aggressive Yaqi Helmet & Yaqi Slant may be in my shave future!!

Top Bottom