What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

RR Lupo 95
Gillette Super Stainless (2)
20211012_130110.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Blackland Blackbird SB / Gillette 7 o'clock "Black" Superior Platinum (4)
Cella Red
Razorock F-400 XXL 34mm Synth
Williams Aqua Velva

I skipped reporting the 3rd shave with the OC, as I am shaving with just a day growth again (I had/have to look dashing for some appointments) and must say while I appreciate and praise the extremely close shave of the OC...

... I simply LOVE & ADORE the ease of use, the somewhat reduced blade feel but still very high efficiency and thoroughness of the Blackbird with the Safety Bar plate. It also is easy on the lather, no need for a super protective gel or particularly well done lather. The OC would punish this.

The Gillette Black loses its coating very quickly, but it gets very sharp, on the other hand. Roughly comparable to the 3rd shave, but with little to shave away I noticed no difference shaving with it for the 4th time.

Next: Wunderbar x 7o'clock Black. It might be even better, but the Blackbird gives audible feedback of the very precise kind when shaving with it, something the very silent Wunderbar does only very muted against the grain.

Razor Yaqi Dual Comb
Blade ShaverBoy Super Stainless - New & 1st Use
Had a good shave with the razor paired with this new but long-in-possession blade. The razor SB side is more aggressive than the OC side & 2 out of 3 passes were with the OC side. Turns out to be not as efficient but feels crisp, smooth, and comfortable.
20211012_205356.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb
(...)The razor SB side is more aggressive than the OC side & 2 out of 3 passes were with the OC side. Turns out to be not as efficient but feels crisp, smooth, and comfortable.
Very interesting observation!

I noticed with the Lupo DC that I actually get a bit better performance out of the .72 OC side, while the .95 SB is more aggressive but... well, they are both quite close together, there is a difference how they feel and how they shave. I wonder how it would be if the .72 side would be SB and the .95 OC. For a thicker beard the OC side wins, regardless of the lower gap.

I wish more companies would bother to offer dual combs. A Blackbird DC, now that would be a shut up and take my money moment for me....^^

Top Bottom