What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Fatip Zebrano/Gillette 7o'Clock Green (5) :001_wub:
033_20.jpg

Gillette New Bostonian (1930s) and a PermaSharp Super blade.
Learning from my friends here at B&B, I know that this razor is a New Long Comb (Gillette logo on base plate).
First shave with this razor did not disappoint: smooth and efficient. I’m a fan of Gillette New razors.
8F3C1A86-A771-4D53-A268-E0A0BD02DBCF.jpeg
E481D0CC-1C09-4DA1-A70B-1691CA78DDF1.jpeg
9C2D4602-1FFA-4CD6-BF9A-BF843EAF9C7F.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
First flight with my Blackbird SS, OC today.

I used a Feather, loaded a Nacet for the next shave, but not looking much forward to it! I must adjust my technique massively to ride the cap way more.

So well, the shave was very efficient, in the ballpark of R41 and Wunderbar.
The comfort was not good: The blade feel was quite there, which I like also a bit aggressive, but I think the Nacet can tame that. What I noticed very unfavorably all the time were the TEETH of the comb. They were not rounded and stingy, very annoying.

This can be avoided a lot by riding the cap thoroughly, I noticed the razor wants it that way. Will try again.

Now I am afraid this razor won't become a favorite.

The GC 84 OC is so much smoother, but not as efficient. But heck, I can even get a smoother shave out of the R41 GS,which again trumps the Blackbird. It also cannot compete with the Wunderbar, which does it better and is not so unpleasant.

This is unexpected and quite sad, was looking forward to try the Blackbird. Maybe I should have got the SB version.

Top Bottom