What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Rockwell T2/Apollo Mikron, BIC
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Looking good. I'm expecting my T2 by Monday, 28th according to their email. I have the T1 and 6S set. I backed both of them at Kickstarter. I'm looking forward to receiving the T2. Thanks for your post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

The venerable Merkur Progress, opened up to setting 5 (which isn't that high -- my razor's lowest setting is 2), chambered with a Personna Red blade (3). Employing the skin-stretch methods I've read about here, I found I could achieve what amounted to a 3-pass shave in only 2 passes.
If you don't mind me asking, why won't your Progress go to 1?

If you don't mind me asking, why won't your Progress go to 1?

I do not know. I'm mounting it correctly, i.e., the triangle on the baseplate is on the same side as the little nick in the top cap. And I use a dry towel on the little ivory knob to get a bit more traction. People here have told me that the Progress is like that: Not every razor out of their factory will close up at the same point.

It has never bothered me, plus I get great shaves with it.

I do not know. I'm mounting it correctly, i.e., the triangle on the baseplate is on the same side as the little nick in the top cap. And I use a dry towel on the little ivory knob to get a bit more traction. People here have told me that the Progress is like that: Not every razor out of their factory will close up at the same point.

Oh. Mine has no problems. I've never used it on 1anyway so it probably wouldn't bother me too much either. Thanks for your post.

It's a feature not a problem. Has no bearing on the shave, don't know why anybody would consider it an issue.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom