What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Fatip Noce/Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (3) :001_wub:
017_22.jpg

Excellent blade. How does that Yaqi shave?

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
The razor shaves pretty effectively. I like it's performance, weight, handle, face feel and all that. It's just a job getting the blade aligned. I think I'm a little spoiled by razors that automatically align. I have another handle like this only it's black.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor : Razorock Mamba 53
Blade : Gillette 7 O' Clock Super Platinum black (3)

Even though its considered mild and less efficient once you get the hang of the attack angle, this is the smoothest razor which can give a 3 pass BBS with a sharp blade. Amazing razor.

8/10 as its a 3 full pass leisure shave with zero pressure BBS, not my usual 2 plus touch ups. Its the best razor to use for quick DFS shaves and run out of the door.

20210122_203330.jpg

Last edited:
The razor shaves pretty effectively. I like it's performance, weight, handle, face feel and all that. It's just a job getting the blade aligned. I think I'm a little spoiled by razors that automatically align. I have another handle like this only it's black.

Thanks.
Fortunately the blade alignment is spot on in both my Yaqi DOC razors.
But Yaqi seem to be making some pretty good razors. I think they'll only get better. For the quality, the price is just awesome.

Thanks.
Fortunately the blade alignment is spot on in both my Yaqi DOC razors.
But Yaqi seem to be making some pretty good razors. I think they'll only get better. For the quality, the price is just awesome.

Here's an odd (to me) follow-up for you. I retired that blade and cleaned the razor. I'm putting a different razor out and decided to load the new blade in the Yaqi I had trouble aligning. It loaded just right first time . So, either I was imagining it or doing something wrong or maybe just eyeing it wrong. I was happy with the razor as I thought of it because it shaves great and a few minutes was totally worth the shave I got, but now I'm even happier with it.

Top Bottom