What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

A '47 Super Speed I picked up off ebay for 99 cents. It was Ugly as sin when I got it, I almost felt I over paid, lazy doors and a stiff TTO mechanism. Soaked it in hot water for several hours, hit it with the scrubbing bubbles and it was still nasty. Added a few drops of kroil down the top of the shaft and let it soak in which really helped the TTO mechanism. Cleaned the soap scum coated handle with the cleaning brush that came with my Glock, a good stiff brush worked so much better than the tooth brush I was using. Then I threw it in the rotary polisher. I'm amazed at how great the razor looks after about an hour of working with it. Only flaw I can find is a 1/2" scratch on one of the doors. For 99 cents I'm happy, not to mention it gave a pretty good shave tonight. I'm thinking it is my new travel razor. If it gets lost I'm not out a whole lot.

Ben B.

Merkur Progress with a Gillette 7 O'Clock "Sharp Edge". First shave with this razor, and I got a little too close -- next time will be better!

Merkur #42C 1904 with the same Wilkinson blade. Shave #14. I might make through the end of March with this blade.

Gem OC MM with the second day on a Gem SS/PFTE-coated blade from the recent SE blade group buy. Very, very close to BBS!

Going to use an Autostrop I picked up for 99 cents on the 'bay. It actually cleaned up better than most of my dates. Gonna use a Feather SE and take my time. What she don't know won't hurt me

Merkur Progress / Derby
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom