What's new

What kind of product do you use on your face?

I use this 3x a week (typically Mon/Wed/Fri mornings in the shower):
51qee-j+GNL._SL1000_.jpg

This I use every other shower I may take during the week (at least 4 more) + also evening face washes:
51+yNMwODML._SL1000_.jpg

I am using face wash for the last 8 years and I always go for the best natural face wash as its results are awesome with no side effects and, I will recommend it for all skin type.

I use Shiseido or Guerlain foaming face washes. Not cheap but wonderful. I follow it up with Shiseido Softener and Serum, Acqua di Parma Eye Cream, and L'Occitane gel moisturiser.

Does anyone use a bar of soap to wash your face? I've always heard your face is different skin and needs different soap but is that really true? I've used a bar of Kirks the last few days and seems to work well.

CeraVe hydrating facial cleanser, Hyaluronic Acid and First Aid moisturizer. I also use CeraVe AM in the morning, but I’m not crazy about the way it goes on. I’m looking for something else that has sunscreen protection. The First Aid cream is a great cream for repairing damaged skin, but it doesn’t have sun protection.
E5D9FC8E-6803-494D-BDBE-1B4F18EB1A85.jpeg
27AD6A31-0290-4B15-97C1-77291326EEA2.jpeg

7C6F989C-F9EC-446C-9F82-FC2AA802A41D.jpeg

Bar soap in the shower, usually Irish spring, lucky tiger all over after my daily shave. When that dries, aftershave on shaven areas.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
For washing, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser bar. As an after shave balm (rather than a splash or lotion), either CeraVe Moisturizer or, when I'm looking deathly pale, L'Oreal Sublime Glow Moisturizer/Tanner.

All good stuff that treats your face right. Moreover, it's all pretty inexpensive, relative to what else is out there.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using Clinique Moisturizer for Men for years. I wouldn't call it cheap, but a tube lasts me close to a year. I like it after shaving because it doesn't require a lot of rubbing in.

My skin fares better with the "less is more" approach so my roster of software is rather brief:
  1. hot flannel
  2. shaving soap/cream
  3. aftershave
With regular use of balms etc. my skin tends to register its disapproval with redness and spots.

I like to use a quality bar soap for my hair, face and body; recently I've learnt about Hawkins & Brimble, and after my Proraso range had depleted I jumped in and purchased H&B's shave cream, bar soap and AS balm, and I have to say I'm impressed with all three. I have a buzzcut and use bar soap head to toe, the H&B Luxury Soap is very mild and leaves me feeling great, the shave cream I rate highly, not quite as slick as Proraso red, but still good and with my Henson AL13 I get a comfortable BBS shave after 2 passes; I only need to dip the tip of my brush in the cream for a good lather, so I expect the 100ml to last a while. The AS balm is fantastic, I use it on my scalp (#3 buzz all over) and face as well as shaved area. I'm probably a touch OCD, as I like to have some consistency in my bathroom products, I like the clean scent of the elemi and ginseng which is present throughout my H&B products. I think I'll be using this range for quite a while.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve used cerave occasionally as well as other brands but seldom use a face moisturizer. I use an aftershave splash with good face feel ingredients that seems to work just fine.
For a face scrub I recommend kyoku exfoliating facial scrub. It has volcanic ash. That’s gotta work 😁😀

If you are looking for a budget friendly range, Bulldog is known to punch above its price range. I really like Jack Black products (especially the Double Duty Moisturiser) but they are more expensive, although you can buy larger bottles which helps to bring down the "per use" cost.

If you really want to up your skin care regime but not spend a fortune, I would recommend The Ordinary Skincare company, especially their Hyaluronic acid serum and their Buffet Serum (a couple drops is all you need). Their whole ethos is quality skincare at affordable prices, so they don't really do much advertising and their packaging is very plain but they preform well above their price point. They also offer a "personalised" regime if you contact them via their website.

CeraVe hydrating facial cleanser, Hyaluronic Acid and First Aid moisturizer. I also use CeraVe AM in the morning, but I’m not crazy about the way it goes on. I’m looking for something else that has sunscreen protection. The First Aid cream is a great cream for repairing damaged skin, but it doesn’t have sun protection.View attachment 1253327View attachment 1253328

View attachment 1253326
I have found a new skin care regimen that I am really liking. EltaMD. They have a lot of different moisturizers combined with sunscreen. I received my shipment on Sunday and put it on Monday, yesterday and today. So far the only thing I don’t like is your skin has a white cast to it until the product soaks in. But I guess that’s to be expected from an SPF50 sunscreen.

After having the squamous cell carcinoma removed from my head I’m not taking any more chances.

Top Bottom