What's new

What is your rotation lineup for next week? Pics Please.

If you rotate is it random or do you plan ahead? My new stand has forced me into a regular rotation. I don't want to leave a razor hanging for too long on the brass tacks due to possible dissimilar metal electrochemical effects, so I will rotate in 3 different razors each week or so. These are all Gillette.

If you rotate razors post pics of your lineup.

IMG_2595.JPG

First person to correctly id each of the razors shown wins a pack each of Gillette Silver Blue, PolSilver, Wilkinson Sword, and Feather blades.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have six rotations, almost one per day for different razor types. I try to go by age.
Sunday - Schicks A - I,
Gem Monday - Gems,
Tuesday and Wednesdays I alternate weeks for my Rex Ambassador and Timeless Bronze.
Thursday - Schicks J,K,M,N
Friday - Schick Type L1 - L7
Saturday - Gillettes.

Needless to say, I like to enjoy my razor collection. 😁

I have six rotations, almost one per day for different razor types. I try to go by age.
Sunday - Schicks A - I,
Gem Monday - Gems,
Tuesday and Wednesdays I alternate weeks for my Rex Ambassador and Timeless Bronze.
Thursday - Schicks J,K,M,N
Friday - Schick Type L1 - L7
Saturday - Gillettes.

Needless to say, I like to enjoy my razor collection. 😁

Share a group shot of your favorites?

Rocket HD, Black Beauty and what looks like a modified 1940’s Super Speed.

One out of 3 is not bad for a start. :)

I don't have a rotation, I shave with one until I decide to switch razors. Sometimes I shave with my President for a week or two straight. Then I may use a '34 Aristocrat, RFB, or one of many other vintage razors for one shave or 5 shaves.

Gillette razor on the left, Gillette razor in the middle, Gillette razor on the right. Where's my candy?
Well although you are technically correct I need more info before I will award the candy.

So far only one razor, the Gold Black Beauty, has been identified. I'll give you a hint: The first one is gold. The last one came from "somewhere nuts".

That stand is a beaut. I guess I won't be posting a pic of my plastic toothbrush holder for four now.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I have 7 razors now, and shave every other day, so my rotation spans two weeks. I haven't set a given razor for a given day, as that would take all the fun out of it.

That stand is a beaut. I guess I won't be posting a pic of my plastic toothbrush holder for four now.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Post them anyway. My stand is just blocks of desert ironwood sanded and held together with wood glue.

I rotate among 10 razors. I own more than 30 but I only have 10 of them out in stands in my den. I'd say of those about 3 or 4 see regular use and the others more sporadic use. The razor I use for any given shave is based solely upon my mood that day selected at random. I don't have any schedule or cycle. I can't be bothered with spreadsheets for how often I've used a blade or when I should use a particular razor or brush or soap/cream. Everything is random and based upon my mood. The razors that I rotate amongst are as follows with the those starred being the ones that see the most action because I feel they give me the best shaves.

Gillette New Deluxe head on Ikon Bulldog 85mm matte finish handle*
RazoRock Game Changer Open Comb 0.84 with RR HD handle*
Gillette New Deluxe head on Ikon Bulldog 80mm polished finish handle*
Schone Open Comb*
RazoRock Old Type on RR Bulldog 90mm handle
Gillette Old Type head on RR Barber Pole handle
Gillette Slim Adjustable (H3)
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (pre war)
Gillette NEW w/ common bar handle (w/ extra weight)
Gillette Single Ring

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I own about 15 modern and vintage razors, but I don't have a set rotation. I just use one until I tire of it or want a change and then I replace it and repeat until the mood hits me again. So I've been using the same 70s Super Speed since the summer of 2015, as the desire to replace it has yet to strike. But I'm ready if and when it does.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice Brazilian Mono-tech! And that gold Rocket is a nice piece of kit.

No regular rotation for me, I have about four or five razors loaded with blades and I just randomly grab what strikes my fancy that day.

Nice Brazilian Mono-tech! And that gold Rocket is a nice piece of kit.

No regular rotation for me, I have about four or five razors loaded with blades and I just randomly grab what strikes my fancy that day.
Nailed it! You got the blades. Pm your shipping address and I'll get them out to you.

Can you believe that Gold Rocket weighs only 26 grams? It is as light as a feather.

Afa rotation, mine will be random. I plan to open a drawer in my display case once a week or so and pull out 3 different razors. Should be interesting since I haven't shaved with most of them for a year or more.

Top Bottom