What's new

What is your most efficient razor that you can share with daily?

I get more nicks or outright irritation from milder razors trying to get a close shave. The R41 is not the smoothest shave while it's happening. There is a lot of blade feel, but the post shave is excellent in closeness and face feel.

So true...

I rarely get nicks. When I do it's clearly because of my carelessness.

But overstating with a mild razor, attempting to get a close shave has given me razorburn. I find that with the R41, I end up with an exceptionally close shave where my skin feels like glass and that is without really making an effort. And then, there is no irritation hours later.

Just switched GC .84

It's better for my sensitive skin/facial hair combo over milder razors.. AND I can use cheap/duller blades over expensive sharp options.. Compared to my R89 with Feather/Gillette plats.

Big eye opener.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I can run the R41, chrome or GS, or the Z0 with the more 2011 type cap, every day.
I can also use the Timeless Slim OC daily.
I can also shave with the Greencult 1.0 daily.

I haven't even tried to run the Greencult GC2.0 with plate IV daily. Yeah, it does a number one me, much more than the GC 1.0. Try at your own risk.

Perhaps with a replaced handle, the heavy standard handle it is coming with adds even more possible aggression to the shave if one isn't careful.

I can shave daily with a R41, a Fatip Piccolo and a Timeless Ti95 without much problems if I pair them with a Dorco Titan or a Feather.

Guido

Used to be my Merkur Progress, these days I get the best daily shaves with my Wolfman WR2 1.15 and a Lord Super Stainless blade. I've tried many different blades, most of the Gillette blades from Russia, and the Lord SS blade is easily the best for daily shaving for me.

Thread revival!
Nothing here for over a year!
Let's see what's your most efficient razor suitable for daily use? (Credit to @CzechCzar which created the thread!)
I'm sure many of you have acquired new favorites since the last time anyone posted anything here.
I'll start:
Razorock Lupo .72
Excellent 2 pass daily driver that's smooth and very efficient!
My ATT Windsor .80 is still too new to be a contender. I'm still in learning/testing mode with that one!
Wow, this was only 6 months ago and so much has changed in my shaving life. Dozens of razors later...🤣
Being that I'm into agressive & efficient, I'd say for me now it's any of the ones I've got except for the iKon Tek.
Greencult 2.0 & Tatara Nodachi are my current favorites. The ATT X1 slant is a minor contender since I don't consider it agressive.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
My everyday razor would be a Karve Overlander with a Nacet blade. While not an aggressive razor it is mild and very efficient. It has become my Gold Standard in shaves.
Could you tell me what it is comparable to?

I'm gonna cheat a little bit + say one of my adjustable razors- Gillette Fatboy, Gillette Slim, or Merkur Futur. After all, if I get too close a shave one day, I can always dial it back the next.

Of course, with the skin on my face being as sensitive as it is, I rarely shave 2 days in a row. If I do, I always use the mildest razor available, which is typically an adjustable or my Super Speed Blue.

-Z

Top Bottom