What's new

What is your internet connection speed

Its counterintuitive, but I can't really tell any big difference in actual page-loading speed between when I was running a 25Mps download and my present speed of around 90Mps.

Even back in the days when I was running a 2400 baud dial-up modem, the pages still seemed to load just as fast as they do now.

Its counterintuitive, but I can't really tell any big difference in actual page-loading speed between when I was running a 25Mps download and my present speed of around 90Mps.

Even back in the days when I was running a 2400 baud dial-up modem, the pages still seemed to load just as fast as they do now.
There are so many other bottlenecks between the source and your screen once you get above 30, 40 there's not much difference. Main thing now is that your 90 can support 4 simultaneous Video streams, where before you had one.

The lack of need is one of the reasons the much ballyhooed Google fiber came to a crashing halt this week. The demand ain't there yet, the need ain't there yet, and building a network is expensive.

Are you on a DSL line by any chance?
That's about the only place you see Down and Up speeds so close to each other.

Wireless. Signed up for 9/9, so far as they upgrade, the bill stays the same. No cable or DSL in the area, tried HughesNet for a bit, painful is all I can say.

Top Bottom