What's new

What is your favorite sandalwood soap?

Mysore Santal by Ethos Grooming. By far & large the purest and most natural Sandalwood soap and splash created that this nose has ever experienced. Performance is well, unmatched. My opinion of course and maybe I’m biased. Who cares.

La Pere Lucien Oud/Santal is a nice second though, it has a nice oud trait to it. Still marvelous in scent and performance.

PAA Sangre De Drago, the CK-6 version (the pic below). This is the dark horse of the trio. Dragons Blood resin, Sandalwood, Agarwood, Benzoin, Tonka, Tobacco Absolute and a smidge of Sage & Neroli to lend some balance to the composition. This is dark, resinous with a mysterious kind of body to it. Though the Tonka and Benzoin are in this creation to add some sweetness, there is very little of it in this offering. It’s a powerful blend with those dark yet smooth subtleties that evolve during the shave and especially is amplified if paired with the splash/cologne and eau de parfum accessories. Not for everyone but, there is nothing else quite like it. The soaps performance is on par with some of the best Tallow offerings in the business and as a vegan created soap base, very few match it in my estimation.

BF697268-B95C-4CA8-8A9E-9DF110B89973.jpeg

Recently received some Antica Barbieria Colla Red Sandalwood hard soap and love it. For me it pushed Proraso into second.

I haven't tried a lot of sandalwoods, but for calibration purposes DRH was "ok, fine" and I did not particularly enjoy the Stirling straight sandalwood scent.

Top Bottom