What's new

What is your favorite sandalwood soap?

With cooler weather around the corner, I am looking for reccomendations for a good sandalwood soap. Both scent and performance are important. What do you like?

I'm liking Klar Seifen Sandelholz, but it's pricey unless you catch a sale or buy in Europe. Haslinger has a mild Sandalwood soap and a somewhat stronger Spa Sandalwood. These are not really so strong as some of the other soaps out there, though, which is good in my book.

I only have experience with Proraso red in the sandalwood soap department. Good performance, decent scent, and not too pricey.

I do have a sample of Captain's Choice sandalwood aftershave and that is very nice! I can only assume the soap smells as good.

Maybe I should also mention the Fine triple-milled Santal Absolut. This has been discontinued (but you never know). The scent is a kind of dusty, earthy sandalwood, like the old AOS soap made by Valobra. Performance is similar to, but not quite as good as Tabac.

I still have my puck in the rotation.

I like both TOBS cream and Proraso red cream. The latter smells something like sandalwood, the TOBS, not so much but I LOVE the scent. I used to use Bee & Flower soap in the shower. So-so soap but they have wonderful fragrances.

Last edited:
It's not my main scent, but I do keep a tube of Cremo Sandalwood around for use from time to time. I remember preferring it to Poraso back when I compared them, so I kept it. My wife likes it.

I like the of the TOBS Sandlewood soap, and the cream. But for reasons I don't understand, they iritate my face.

Proraso red doesn't iritate my face, and its nice and slick, so that gets my vote for now.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
430.pngThis

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, nice rich sandal wood with some herb & spice mix cream, reasonble priced and you get a lot.
Very similar to TOBS sandal wood, that is another great Sandal wood by the way that I would also recommend.

Top Bottom