What's new

What is your favorite Citrus Soap

Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been DE shaving my face/head for the past 4 months and have really just started exploring the artisan soap scene. I have found that I really enjoy the Citrus scents in the summer months. I particularly love Aqua di Parma scents and have found my favorite to be Stirling's Piacenza followed by Fine Italian Citrus AS. I have also enjoyed Stirling Orange Chill and Margarittas in the Artic. I am hoping to receive Citricos and Lima-Spice from Eufros next week and can't wait to give those soaps a try. What are your favorite Citrus scented soaps and what else would you recommend I try?

Matt

Sounds like you are already turned on to Stirling. I was going to recommend their Lime soap. Smells like fresh cut limes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking at scent alone...I have to concur that Dr. Jon's Hydra smells wonderful.

My favorite performing citrus soap that I currently use is Cold River Soap Works - Select Version - Citrus. A really great performer with excellent post shave feel, slickness, and lather. The scent smells very much like citrus a d not just one particular fruit.

If you are looking at scent alone...I have to concur that Dr. Jon's Hydra smells wonderful.

My favorite performing citrus soap that I currently use is Cold River Soap Works - Select Version - Citrus. A really great performer with excellent post shave feel, slickness, and lather. The scent smells very much like citrus a d not just one particular fruit.
I have not tried CRSW soaps yet but looking at the website there are many attractive Citrus scents. How would people compare Citrus vs Citron vs Limenthol vs Jardin d'orange. Does CRSW sell samples? I didn't see any mention of samples on their website.

I have not tried CRSW soaps yet but looking at the website there are many attractive Citrus scents. How would people compare Citrus vs Citron vs Limenthol vs Jardin d'orange. Does CRSW sell samples? I didn't see any mention of samples on their website.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I have have the Citrus and have had the Tropicos. The Tropicos had a floral element to it which was nice...but I liked the Citrus better. As far as the variations of the CRSW, I think the Select is the best performer with Olivia not far from it (by the way, CRSW Olivia is the only soap with Olive Oil in it that I have tried that is worth anything). The CRSW Original is okay...but I would stay with the Select version if I were you.

IMG_5329.JPG
Aos lemon

I'm 99.9% sure they don't sell samples, but CRSW does a good job with their citrus scents in general. Although I'll say that Jardin d'orange is less of a fresh orange scent than I was hoping for, if that plays into your consideration. Puro Fresco and Bergamot & Bay are a couple more that have citrus but also a little more to them, I really like both of them but if you're looking for straight-up citrus the others you mentioned are probably a better choice.

I'd also recommend Chiseled Face's Santa Paula, and B&M's Limon from the Latha line.

Taylor of Old Bond St. Grapefruit is pretty great. It's a cream not a soap, but if you want citrus, it's worth a trial.

Finally received my package from Spain this weekend with some soaps and samples from Manuel Garcia's Eufros/Jabonman line. I ordered full tins of the Lima-Spices and Citricos. Had my first shave today with the Lima-Spices soap. What a terrific scent. It has a nice lime scent upfront followed by Spice tones which to my nose are mostly cinnamon. The soap also has a touch of menthol giving a nice cooling effect. Kind of reminded me of Stirlings Margaritas in the Arctic with an added earthiness/spiciness. Performance of the soap was wonderful as was expected from other reviews. Lather exploded in the tin using my boar brush. Cushion, slickness, and post shave feel were top notch based on my limited experience. I love the scent and performance of this soap and can't wait to try the Citricos as well as the samples Manuel sent along.

Taylors lemon lime is awesome paired with castle Forbes lime AS. I also have been using peppermint along with stirling spearmint AS. After a long hot day theres nothing better than mentha shower gel and a citrus shave.

Long Rifle Soap Co. Hawkeye is an amazing citrus soap.
I have both Hawkeye and Hunting Lodge, both great soaps that will stay in my rotation. The only knock on Long
Rifle is the scent is a 2 or 3 out of 10 for me. But they perform with the best. As you know; YMMV. My best citrus scents in no particular order are CRSW Citrus, BeaverWoodWright Thomas Tew and CountryClub for Men Clementine

Top Bottom