What's new

what is your casual shoe?

I've taken a job at a software company and the uniform seems to be polo shirts and khakis, I'm guessin nice jeans woud also be ok. I have dress shoes and i have athletic shoes. I'm thinking i need something in between.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Look at Johnston and Murphy. Love all I've ever had. Look good with jeans as well.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A good pair of Derby shoes, in either full grain or suede leather, will look fantastic with a casual outfit. There are many great brands to consider, depending on tastes and budget. I really like the Italian Velasca Derbies, especially those with Vibram rubber soles.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A good pair of Derby shoes, in either full grain or suede leather, will look fantastic with a casual outfit. There are many great brands to consider, depending on tastes and budget. I really like the Italian Velasca Derbies, especially those with Vibram rubber soles.
Yes. Vibram lasts a good long while too.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I got the Velasca "Bergamin" model last year and couldn't be happier!

bergamin_01_1300x.jpg

I've taken a job at a software company and the uniform seems to be polo shirts and khakis, I'm guessin nice jeans woud also be ok. I have dress shoes and i have athletic shoes. I'm thinking i need something in between.

Congratulations on the new job! Some great suggestions in this thread.

Personally, I like Allen Edmonds and Red Wing which both have some options that may work out.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
There are really a great deal of choices depending on how much you want to spend and how much time you'll be on your feet.

Johnson & Murphy and Ecco have lots of bang for your buck models. AE and Alden have quite a few slightly more up-scale casual choices if you're looking for longevity. My preference is for something without a high shine for jeans or golf pants, errr . . . khakis.

It depends on the cut of your trousers/jeans. With a slimmer, more tapered cut, I really like boat shoes These are my current pair; Allen Edmonds in tan Chromexel:
20915461_10211845988198344_2132663886144339865_n.jpg

With a straight leg or more traditional cut, I'd go for a pair of brown Derbys. They're more substantial and will look more balanced than boat shoes. Mine after a fresh polish:
12697483_10207012859453146_8454845495293929507_o.jpg
e:

I wear running/athletic shoes with jeans and a button down. We have a super-computer in the building so it stays fairly cold. I find that athletic shoes are slightly warmer

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
There are a lot of great suggestions in this thread!

From my personal experience, I second the suggestion of Mephisto loafers or something from Ecco. Both are excellent.

Oh how I miss the seventies, when software developers all wore vibram soled mountain boots and flannel shirts.

Top Bottom