What's new

What is some of your “odd” rituals when it comes to shaving?

I comb my hair before shaving. I'm prettier that way, as I stare into the mirror.

Also I slather on a little Noxzema cleansing cream and work it into my face, after I wash my face and before I lather up. Since doing that I've never had a cut or a weeper.

My oddity is collecting clean rainwater for shaving. For some reason rainwater yields a super creamy lather versus tap water. Due to recent storm(s), I have collect about 6.5 gallons--stored in cleaned out gallon milk jugs.
I think this is a pretty cool idea. Rainwater does not have a lot of dissolved minerals compared to surface water. That is probably why you get better lather with it. How do you collect it? Maybe a barrel connected to your gutter downspouts?

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Rainwater does not have a lot of dissolved minerals compared to surface water. That is probably why you get better lather with it. How do you collect it? Maybe a barrel connected to your gutter downspouts?
I use an old Folgers Coffee can under a downspout. I use a tea strainer to filter collected water into storage jugs.

I shave with music about 75% of the time, either with classical piano or The Dead. As for oddities...

I try to choose my soap based on what I am reading. For example: my current novel takes place in Italy, so I am shaving with Saponificio Varesino. My previous novel was set in France, so my brush loaded MdC. I also enjoy starting tiny little grass fires and put them out by inhalation before shaving :pipe:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
SavageMatty:
proxy.php
Don't know if this is odd, but with the coming of age, my eyesight is slowly getting worse with time and I find myself using a silver colored counter-top mirror that has one side normal and one side magnified (3X), that works great for us (aithough the Mrs & I both have 'retractable / telescopic', wall mounted mirrors in our bathrooms that definitely saves us some moderate back pain bending over the basin trying to get a closer look in the medicine cabinet mirror). :thumbsup:

Also, because of my infirmities (MS and others), I'm more comfortable sitting down on my stool (I open the cabinet doors underneath the sink so I can sit closer to the sink and using the counter-top mirror definitely saves me some moderate back pain bending over the basin trying to get a closer look in the medicine cabinet mirror), I then fold & drape my shaving towel over the end of the basin to soak any water / lather that might get on the counter (our next project is to replace the old basin & cabinet with 'pedestal' wash basins...then siting would be so much more easier). :w00t:

proxy.php
“Although life can become unfocused, don’t view it through rose-colored glasses”. CBJ

Top Bottom