What's new

What is some of your “odd” rituals when it comes to shaving?

I regularly shave buzzed on the weekends and honestly find that i get pretty awesome shaves when i do. Never actually drank a beer or scotch whilst doing so though. I shave right before bed so i’m well done drinking by then and would worry about drinking some lather down with my pint! But i do admire those that go for a cold one during a shave. As for weird routines, i can’t think of anything that’d be considered out of the ordinary here (though the whole routine is probably weird to most people outside of b&b.) I do listen to bob ross while shaving and that’s kinda weird. Guy zens me out. He also is always spouting off about “no pressure” and a bunch of other techniques that could be loosely related to shaving. Usually by the time an episode ends so does my shave so it works well to make me tired and ready to go to sleep.

I would be remiss if I did not pass on 1 little piece of advice, forgive me but I must.

Keep alcohol under a watchful eye. That stuff will sneak up and ruin your life in a flash. 1 day it is just a tiny part of your routine and the next thing you know you are waking up in a world devoid of family, friends, wife, money, and happiness. Don't trust it.

Odd ritual: Setting things up in just the right spot with ut most care to make sure I have all the correct products..... and when I am done STILL realizing I forgot a step or a product. ( My "shaving" is more of grooming as I do more than just shave in my shave routine.

I guess I don't do anything very odd. After the shave I squeeze out any lather that remains in the brush and wash my hands with it. My shave soap lathers are fragrant and almost moisturizing, and washing my hands with the leftover lather makes my hands feel and smell good.

Try it some time. You might like it.

I guess I don't do anything very odd. After the shave I squeeze out any lather that remains in the brush and wash my hands with it. My shave soap lathers are fragrant and almost moisturizing, and washing my hands with the leftover lather makes my hands feel and smell good.

I also use left over shave soap to wash mirror and I rub the left over into my dry thighs. I suppose that might be odd.....?????

Dude, even when shaving with a cutthroat, I get done was faster than the time needed to enjoy a couple of (presumably hair-free) beers. I don’t even want to know what you are doing with all that time...
Lol my shave den is pretty loaded, for me Atleast. I’ll heat my g20 scuttle up way passed hot, soak my brush, take a few beer pulls, and smell my soaps and aftershave to pick for the day. Got my music going on. My 18 months daughter will come in and say hi a few times and run away. Sometimes she dances. It’s pretty fun lol

I regularly shave buzzed on the weekends and honestly find that i get pretty awesome shaves when i do. Never actually drank a beer or scotch whilst doing so though. I shave right before bed so i’m well done drinking by then and would worry about drinking some lather down with my pint! But i do admire those that go for a cold one during a shave. As for weird routines, i can’t think of anything that’d be considered out of the ordinary here (though the whole routine is probably weird to most people outside of b&b.) I do listen to bob ross while shaving and that’s kinda weird. Guy zens me out. He also is always spouting off about “no pressure” and a bunch of other techniques that could be loosely related to shaving. Usually by the time an episode ends so does my shave so it works well to make me tired and ready to go to sleep.
Lol the whole bob Ross bit it something my wife would do. 😂

Yup that one is happening next shave for sure.

I would be remiss if I did not pass on 1 little piece of advice, forgive me but I must.

Keep alcohol under a watchful eye. That stuff will sneak up and ruin your life in a flash. 1 day it is just a tiny part of your routine and the next thing you know you are waking up in a world devoid of family, friends, wife, money, and happiness. Don't trust it.

Odd ritual: Setting things up in just the right spot with ut most care to make sure I have all the correct products..... and when I am done STILL realizing I forgot a step or a product. ( My "shaving" is more of grooming as I do more than just shave in my shave routine.
I feel like I just sat through a 90’s dare commercial. Lol

I shave in the shower before the wife wakes up, so I try and stay silent. Wintertime I generally use my GP scuttle with very hot water from my hot pot and summertime I use my Captain's Choice ceramic bowl. I do also choose soaps and aftershaves based on the season, summer getting the citrus scents and winter being more woody.

Always have music, generally rock or metal. Always have a beverage, generally a whiskey. Occasionally, a scotch or a local beer. Usually a bowl or at least a few dabs. Nothing like shaving high! Takes concentration and "feel" to a whole new level!
Considering your handle, I assume you mean "beverage", eh?:wink2::wink2::wink2:
Soon to be "edibles"...

@VerbaVolant, edibles are strictly the wife's domain. Take too long to kick in! We'll share a bowl outside since she hates the smell or I'll bring a dab rig into the bathroom with me while I'm waiting for my head and face to hydrate. Maybe that's why my full routine takes me an hour! :lol:

Top Bottom