What's new

What else smells similar to Cella?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I never liked the almond smell before. When I stuck my nose into Cella after receiving my sample, I didn't like it either. It was fairly strong and didn't really remind me of almonds honestly. After my first shave with it, though, the smell got a little less intense on my face and I found it absolutely WONDERFUL during the shave. Ended up really enjoying the smell on my face when I was more passively enjoying it rather than nosing it in it's container. Now I dare say it has the potential to become a favorite scent of mine.

What other soaps smell similar? The performance was great, but I'm curious as to what else would perform well also but with that same almond profile. :thumbup1:

Other almond soaps that I can think of are:
Cella from the 1kg block
Valobra soft soap - Almond
Boellis Panama 1924
Razorock Classic
Vitos Classic shave cream/soap

I'm sure others will chime in with more options!

I have several Almond-scented soaps and creams, but none smells quite like Cella. I love it--it's like shaving with marzipan--and it makes a fine lather, easily.

I'd call it Marzipan as well, not really almonds.

Man I love marzipan!!! I may have to change my soap selection (C&E Sienna) for this evenings shave.

btw, while Cella's scent while sitting in a container may deteriorate with age, I find that the original scent revives once you start lathering the soap. What a treat!

Ok so I lathered up the Sienna and added too much water, then tried to save it, wasn't successful, said screw it and used Cella :). I actually got the best lather to date with the cella. I used the Marco method for the first time, got lather everywhere, when he suggests going slow because the brush has a lot of water in it, you should heed his advice! Great shave wonderful scent, slick and cushiony.

I never liked the almond smell before. When I stuck my nose into Cella after receiving my sample, I didn't like it either. It was fairly strong and didn't really remind me of almonds honestly. After my first shave with it, though, the smell got a little less intense on my face and I found it absolutely WONDERFUL during the shave. Ended up really enjoying the smell on my face when I was more passively enjoying it rather than nosing it in it's container. Now I dare say it has the potential to become a favorite scent of mine.

What other soaps smell similar? The performance was great, but I'm curious as to what else would perform well also but with that same almond profile. :thumbup1:
"marzipan" is a confection made with almonds...not sure but I think that is what the scent really is going for...personally, it's my favorite scent for soaps and cremes (TOBS Almond creme is very nice, also).
LOVE Cella

Last edited:
I'd call it Marzipan as well, not really almonds.

Man I love marzipan!!! I may have to change my soap selection (C&E Sienna) for this evenings shave.
+1 I agree...Marzipan has "almond meal" and almond extracts...
Ever tried See's Candy marzipan chocolates? AWESOME!

I really like superlathering with about 20 seconds or so of Colonel Conk Almond, and then some Cella in the scuttle. I put a dab of Cella into the warm scuttle before showering and then hit it with a Case 1 brush loaded with the Conk's. A REALLY nice lather ensues...

I highly recommend the red label Vitos coconut soap. It's part tallow, part glycerine. Smells really good. Similar to Cella. Wait.. my vendor isn't carrying it anymore!?!?

Top Bottom