What's new

What else smells similar to Cella?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I never liked the almond smell before. When I stuck my nose into Cella after receiving my sample, I didn't like it either. It was fairly strong and didn't really remind me of almonds honestly. After my first shave with it, though, the smell got a little less intense on my face and I found it absolutely WONDERFUL during the shave. Ended up really enjoying the smell on my face when I was more passively enjoying it rather than nosing it in it's container. Now I dare say it has the potential to become a favorite scent of mine.

What other soaps smell similar? The performance was great, but I'm curious as to what else would perform well also but with that same almond profile. :thumbup1:

Other almond soaps that I can think of are:
Cella from the 1kg block
Valobra soft soap - Almond
Boellis Panama 1924
Razorock Classic
Vitos Classic shave cream/soap

I'm sure others will chime in with more options!

I have several Almond-scented soaps and creams, but none smells quite like Cella. I love it--it's like shaving with marzipan--and it makes a fine lather, easily.

I'd call it Marzipan as well, not really almonds.

Man I love marzipan!!! I may have to change my soap selection (C&E Sienna) for this evenings shave.

btw, while Cella's scent while sitting in a container may deteriorate with age, I find that the original scent revives once you start lathering the soap. What a treat!

Ok so I lathered up the Sienna and added too much water, then tried to save it, wasn't successful, said screw it and used Cella :). I actually got the best lather to date with the cella. I used the Marco method for the first time, got lather everywhere, when he suggests going slow because the brush has a lot of water in it, you should heed his advice! Great shave wonderful scent, slick and cushiony.

I never liked the almond smell before. When I stuck my nose into Cella after receiving my sample, I didn't like it either. It was fairly strong and didn't really remind me of almonds honestly. After my first shave with it, though, the smell got a little less intense on my face and I found it absolutely WONDERFUL during the shave. Ended up really enjoying the smell on my face when I was more passively enjoying it rather than nosing it in it's container. Now I dare say it has the potential to become a favorite scent of mine.

What other soaps smell similar? The performance was great, but I'm curious as to what else would perform well also but with that same almond profile. :thumbup1:
"marzipan" is a confection made with almonds...not sure but I think that is what the scent really is going for...personally, it's my favorite scent for soaps and cremes (TOBS Almond creme is very nice, also).
LOVE Cella

Last edited:
I'd call it Marzipan as well, not really almonds.

Man I love marzipan!!! I may have to change my soap selection (C&E Sienna) for this evenings shave.
+1 I agree...Marzipan has "almond meal" and almond extracts...
Ever tried See's Candy marzipan chocolates? AWESOME!

I really like superlathering with about 20 seconds or so of Colonel Conk Almond, and then some Cella in the scuttle. I put a dab of Cella into the warm scuttle before showering and then hit it with a Case 1 brush loaded with the Conk's. A REALLY nice lather ensues...

I highly recommend the red label Vitos coconut soap. It's part tallow, part glycerine. Smells really good. Similar to Cella. Wait.. my vendor isn't carrying it anymore!?!?

Acca Kappa 1869 smells very much like Cella I think.

$pif 3-4.jpg

Top Bottom