What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Brush: Black Eagle 🦅 25mm, love this brush
Blade: Timor (1)
Soap: GD “Kai” Aion Maxima
Razor: WR2 Ti SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

💯🥇💯🥇

IMG_4193.jpeg

Doug

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, May 24th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus head 316 SPP, SE 50mm with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mild to mid range depending on blade or shim used. Small head parts make for a nice nimble shave with excellent results mostly. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain titian mild(1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity using this reason.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood, nice Bayrum soap Sandalwood scents with great lather qualities. This soap seems to work better loaded from puck then face lather than from bowl premixed it seems.
Brush : Yaqi "Cavern lake" 24mm tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum Sandalwood aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE with a Kai CTM 50mm blade.
SOTD May 24 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

May 24, 2024 Friday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Diamond
Brush: @Rudy Vey re-knotted Paladin w/Muhle STF (1)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Today's shave was highlighted by the brush, re-knotted by Rudy Vey. It was my first experience with the Muhle STF knot. I can see why they are so popular.

The shave was excellent. The Overlander was predictably perfect with the Lab Blue blade, a wonderful combination.

10/10

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_24_24.jpg

Friday Morning Research Shave

Rating: 9.86/10 SWEET

I called yesterday's post Friday Morning when it was in actuality Thursday. I think I have my Days
straight now so this is the correct Friday Post.

Proof of Concept with the Parker again. A little snip and these Light AC Blades are useful again.

Parker Solo Edge Razor
Feather PRO Light AC Blade (Modified)
TOBS Royal Forest Shave Cream
Omega Mighty Midget Mixed Hair Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

Aqua Velva Musk Aftershave

7AA044C3-9F81-4059-9C92-F63C83A39372-compressed.jpeg

Razor: 8/8 Rigarazor
Hone: Dan’s Black Ark
Brush: Omega Pro 10048
Soap: ARKO
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

It was time for a quick touch up on my 8/8 Rigarazor. It was still shaving well but it wasn’t effortless.

Enter a Dan’s Black Ark and some easy touch up strokes.

Voila! It felt perfect!

I love the ARKO & Skin Bracer dynamic duo. Workhorses that provide excellent performance at a very reasonable cost.

Face lathered the ARKO with the Pro 10048. An abundance of slick lather and a stupid grin to go along with it, too easy.

Great shave! I realize I might be pushing my straight razor edges a bit farther than I should. There’s nothing like a fresh edge to kickstart your workday.

“RigARKProBracer” shave for a perfect Ten!
IMG_3014.jpeg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Sukin Facial Scrub
- Truefitt & Hill Highgrove Pre-shave Oil
- Wickham 1912 Club Cola Shaving Soap (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Sukin Blemish Pore Perfecting Toner
- The Ordinary Skin Serum
- L'Occitane Eau des Baux After-Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Steve Woodhead Pottery Suribachi Lather Scuttle
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
- Antica Barbieria Colla Boar

Fragrance for the day
- Floris Bergamotto Di Positano EDP

Rating: 9/10
My third ever shave with a Wizamet and another excellent result!

La Faulx + Ti / Kai Captain Titan Mild (5)

Usual daily 3 passes

After longer period back to SE. Very happy with this razor. I have to learn La Faulx more, ++ plate will come soon, so plan is to use + plate for like a week and than try ++ plate.. As mentioned many times here on forum, one of mildest feeling SE but nice efficiency, very smooth and pleasunt experince. 9 from 10 today
IMG_8173.jpeg

Top Bottom