What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
10/10 shave with the Lambda Athena/Perdonna Lab Blue. Soap was Vitos Red + Coco, brush is an unbleached Zenith 507 boar. Splashed on some Aqua Velva Ice Blue to finish it off.

IMG_5646.jpegIMG_5647.jpeg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
No shave today as I had other things that took priority.
View attachment 1851074
That big van parked behind my car made a last second illegal left turn in front of me while I was traveling 50mph. Airbags, seat belts and proper Honda/Acura engineering saved the day, sort of. I walked away with just seat belt bruising. My companion fared a bit worse with major seat belt contusions and a few other minor injuries.
Sorry to see this, mate. I hope everyone recovers quickly and completely.

Evening shave here at the Den. Whipped up some PAA OUD Spice in a buffalo horn bowl and spread Piraso pre shave cream on dome and face. Concentrated on dome first with Merkur Progress on "3" with a fresh Permasharp blade. Did a fairly decent first pass and re-lathered. Finished up with a Leaf loaded with 3 Lord half blades on their 3rd use. Got the dome smooth as silk. Gillette Fusion smooth. Applied more of the whipped up lather to my face and shaved with the Progress set on "3". With, against, and across. No wonder that Progress has been in constant production since Elvis was a PFC. Dang thing shaves like a dream. Audio feedback, perfect balance. Rinses like a champ under a stream of tap water when held sideways, flushes them lather channels. Finished up with a rubdown of cucumber Thayer's, and when that dried a little, I shocked the world with a double dose of Chiseled Face cryogen splash. Did the Home Alone aftershave mirror scene and loved every minute of that violent burn. Yowza! Still reeling from the menthol overload. Overall, we're looking at an easy 8/10. Pushing 9. Smooth as glass. Some faint stubble, but functionally, this shave would easily work for a Madison Avenue job interview.

View attachment 1851074
That big van parked behind my car made a last second illegal left turn in front of me while I was traveling 50mph. Airbags, seat belts and proper Honda/Acura engineering saved the day, sort of. I walked away with just seat belt bruising. My companion fared a bit worse with major seat belt contusions and a few other minor injuries.
Glad you both are alive and in fairly good condition!
Prayers for a good recovery for you both .

First time using a RazoRock soap. Scent was mild on this XXX, but very nice. Croap consistency, so I scooped and lathered. I’m normally a face-latherer, but I found this soap to lather very quickly and profusely. I felt that the cushion and slickness were mediocre, but all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience. I look forward to trying it again with a different brush and razor.

Pre: Shower
Brush: PAA Handle, TurnNShave Boar Shoat Knot
Razor: Above the Tie
Blade: Feather
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Toner: Thayer‘s - Unscented
Splash: None
Serum: Jack Black Protein Serum
Balm: Zingari Man Aftershave Balm - Unscented
EDT: HC&C Danger

3 Passes
No Knicks, Cuts, Irritation

Shave Rating: 8

IMG_3463.jpeg

Razor: Worcester Razor Co.
Hone: Dan’s Translucent Ark
Brush: Wald A1 fan
Cream: Cyril R. Salter Essential Lime
Aftershave: Grand Bay Lime Bay Rum

CRS & Wald A1 for a wicked nice face lather.

Picked up the Worcester Razor Co. because Of family back there. It takes a very nice edge.

A healthy splash of Lime Bay Rum to fend off any scallywags.

An excellent shave. First use of the razor and I’m happy with it and the honing session I put in to get it ready. Ridiculously great brush. Score will go higher as I learn my new razor. 9.5/10.
IMG_3002.jpeg

View attachment 1851074
Sorry to read about the accident. I’m glad everyone is for the most park okay. Heal up and try to do some light stretching to work out any soreness.

SOTD: 05/22/2024

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Personna Lab Blue, (2)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Strata TnS Quarter Moon Synthetic
Preshave: Hot Water Splash
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles 322 Croap
Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles 322 Aftershave

On 3/22/23 I left the hospital after being told I am in Heart failure. That I had a left bundle branch block and that my infraction rate was on 15%. They sent me home wearing a defibrillator vest and told me I should get my affairs in order. I was at the time only 50 years old. Fast forward to 8/22/23 they told me my infraction rate did not improve and that I need a Biventricular ICD. In other words a pacemaker with a 3rd lead that will kick my heart back into rhythm if need be. Well, I’ve had it since 9/5/23 it’s never shocked me and my infraction rate is up to 35%. So now I use CB 322 on the 22nd of the month as a reminder to myself to don’t forget where I was and where I am now.

As for the shave, there’s really not much to say. The Blackbird with the med prep blade is pretty automatic and everyone knows how well CB performs.

View attachment 1850622

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS
Simply amazing. Never give up the fight!

1000006013.jpg

Rex Konsul razor on 5. I can really feel it, but itnit performing well on this aggressive setting.

Astra SP India (10) blade. This blade has only dulled about 1.2g cutting force in the middle per shave, but I am retiring it because it is leaving some tenacious stubble and I want to measure something else.

Captains Choice soap. Meh. I prefer other soaps like kaizen 2e and b&m to this. Maybe it's my hard water, but the bubbles are big and it isn't very slick. It's OK but I won't be replacing it.

Yaqi England special handle defect synthetic. Nice and fun little brush whips up a lather well and paints comfortably.

Aqua Velva. Good performance of anti septic and astringent. My wife likes the scent more than I do.

Also sprayed some Creed Aventus. It is a nice scent, but not worth the price to me. I would rather have half as much pure white. There is something in Aventus that is bringing a memory. I think it might just be cutting young fir trees. Yes, that's it. Most days I would rather a cheap bay rum.

6/10. DFS with mild irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday & Thursday 20240522 & 20240523
20240519_181756~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (5 shaves, 10 passes)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan)
Bowl: Schöne
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

Same kit since Sunday. Same outstanding performance and results!

Superb shaves!

Fri 24
Soap LaToja Stick
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Red Tip
Blade American Shave Platinum
Another wonderful lather from the soap and brush combination...
The razor is good and so is the rare blade... an excellent shave...hopefully the penultimate before disembarkation...Rating 9.5
20240524_104405.jpg

Evening, tonight's shave:

Razor: Razorock Lupo Aluminum
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock (1)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Razorock WTP Blue
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Fantastic shave, couple weepers due to eczema, no fault attributed to the gear used. Super comfortable, perfect BBS.

10/10

Cheers

Date24.05.2024
366 daily shaves
145/366

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCLGillette Nacet (3)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (11)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

Yet another awesome shave! Three days in a row! I feel super smooth.

Extended shave notes can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Razor: Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (7)
Brush: EverReady 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop
Rating: 9.7/10 - In a bit of a rush and gave myself a slight nick on the lower right of my neck.

Friday’s shave….
IMG_7335.jpeg
‘59 Gillette adjustable
Omega boar
Somersets oil
D.R.Harris sandalwood soap and cologne
GSB
Fantastic 2 passes with a 6 first followed by a 7 ATG. Went carefully and with a light touch. A DFS++ today. I like Somerset’s Oil….has a medicated clove and menthol aroma. Does seem to help with getting a super smooth result .

Top Bottom