What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Today's shave:

Pre:
Warm water splashes
Razor: Gillette SS K-1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Duke 2 best
Cream: Proraso blue tube

Rating: 10/10

Great shave today! I've been using the B&M Diamond products a lot and I forgot how that Stirling a/s feels compared to the more mild B&M product. The burn was strong and wonderful!
The Duke series are great brushes, and the 2 really fills a niche in my collection of brushes
Cloudy, Showers Likely Friday Shave:
SLOC + HD handle
Feather (3)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Tabac shaving soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
La Toja aftershave splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

View attachment 1208844
I just love Tabac, not sure what I was doing wrong when I first started shaving, because I found it useless and threw it out, tried it again last week and now it is one of the six soaps I rotate through.😊😊😊

Today's shave:

Pre:
Warm water splashes
Razor: Gillette SS K-1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Duke 2 best
Cream: Proraso blue tube

Rating: 10/10

Great shave today! I've been using the B&M Diamond products a lot and I forgot how that Stirling a/s feels compared to the more mild B&M product. The burn was strong and wonderful!
The Duke series are great brushes, and the 2 really fills a niche in my collection of brushes
Cloudy, Showers Likely Friday Shave:
SLOC + HD handle
Feather (3)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Tabac shaving soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
La Toja aftershave splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

View attachment 1208844
I just love Tabac, not sure what I was doing wrong when I first started shaving, because I found it useless and threw it out, tried it again last week and now it is one of the six soaps I rotate through.😊😊😊
Today’s shave

Razor:
Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle
Blade: Personna lab (day 6)
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 best badger
Soap: Haslinger’s schafmilch
AS: Pinaud clubman

Rating: 10/10!! :a29: :a29:
I use the Pinaud Clubman as well, do you rotate between that and Lucky Tiger, if so do you notice a difference?

I use the Pinaud Clubman as well, do you rotate between that and Lucky Tiger, if so do you notice a difference?

As I recall, the Duke series is Simpsons best seller for the good reason that these brushes simply work. For me the Duke 2 is simply terrific!

IMO, Clubman is the ‘classic’ barbershop scent from my youth. The barbers in my hometown in Upstate NY used clubman splash and talc. Add some tobacco and leather and you have my ‘definition’ of barbershop!

In contrast, Lucky Tiger has a citrus scent and it is more soothing, especially after a ‘rough’ shave!

:a29: :a29:

...I just love Tabac, not sure what I was doing wrong when I first started shaving, because I found it useless and threw it out, tried it again last week and now it is one of the six soaps I rotate through.😊😊😊...
I was a bit reluctant to try Tabac because of all the negative comments about the scent. Recently I've been on a German/Austrian soap kick. Now that I've used Tabac, it's really not that bad, a bit old-fashioned, but it's growing on me. I'll let the stick air out for a few weeks. I draw the line at Tabac aftershave or cologne, though!
:laugh:

I found the Tabac stick hilarious to use at first. I applied too much soap, and the lather just kept erupting like a lather volcano. It was difficult to rinse it all away.

1610728581560.png

I was a bit reluctant to try Tabac because of all the negative comments about the scent. Recently I've been on a German/Austrian soap kick. Now that I've used Tabac, it's really not that bad, a bit old-fashioned, but it's growing on me. I'll let the stick air out for a few weeks. I draw the line at Tabac aftershave or cologne, though!
:laugh:

I found the Tabac stick hilarious to use at first. I applied too much soap, and the lather just kept erupting like a lather volcano. It was difficult to rinse it all away.

View attachment 1208898
I actually like the smell of the Tabac shaving soap, the only negative smell of a soap that have heard is Arko.

PSX_20201029_084813.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Single Edge razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 9.5

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Friday morning shave

Razor: Johan Engstrom Frameback
Brush: Boar
Soap: Speick stick

Stellar shave. Still amazed at how applying such a small amount of Speick to my face can create abundant amounts of creamy protective lather. This stuff is top notch IMHO. Razor holding a fine edge. Happy Friday!

063DD040-DCE7-40B8-B016-63B0D5521EAD.jpeg

9/10

Friday's shave- nice two-pass, 9.5/10, no nicks, no weepers, no irritation.

Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style-
Nice razor
Blade: Kai Potouch MG(6)- blade still going, but not as smooth
Brush: Simpsons 55- This small brush fit in the small soap tub
Soap: Free Reign Farm Goat's Milk - I decided to try this soap after reading a few nice reviews. First use today, not bad, not great. Seems to have decent face feel. I'll give it a go again next week, and after a few tries will make a decision about whether it's in or out.
Post shave: cool rinse, then Pinaud Clubman for Friday.

Good shaves for all and stay safe.
PXL_20210115_171816784.jpg

Friday's shave- nice two-pass, 9.5/10, no nicks, no weepers, no irritation.

Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style-
Nice razor
Blade: Kai Potouch MG(6)- blade still going, but not as smooth
Brush: Simpsons 55- This small brush fit in the small soap tub
Soap: Free Reign Farm Goat's Milk - I decided to try this soap after reading a few nice reviews. First use today, not bad, not great. Seems to have decent face feel. I'll give it a go again next week, and after a few tries will make a decision about whether it's in or out.
Post shave: cool rinse, then Pinaud Clubman for Friday.

Good shaves for all and stay safe.View attachment 1208995
Have you used the serrated blades in that?

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Friday Shave

Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: GSB
Soap: RASOZERO Barbacco
Brush: WCS Two Tone Silvertip Badger 26mm
DFS
9/10

I've never been a frequent user of aftershaves or other post shaves products, but after discovering Clubman Pinaud I use it after every shave. I absolutely love using this stuff after every shave.

20210115_135024_kindlephoto-208822753.jpg

3rd Quarantine Shave

Pre-shave: Hot washcloth/PAA The Cube
Razor: 1907 Single Ring
Blade: 7a.m. Plus Platinum
Brush: PAA The Green Ray with Tribble knot
Soap: PAA Diver Down (4)
Bowl/Mug: 3D shave bowl
Post Shave: Sea Breeze/PAA Mysterium Serum
AS: PAA Diver Down

48ish hours of growth
As you can tell from the list of items used, I am recovering my sense of smell!!! Started getting it back last night, and it's not all there yet, so I decided a scent rich shave was in order to celebrate!! And Diver Down was the perfect scent to go to, and it's the 15th, and it's soap #15 in rotation...
After the great shave from my Goodwill, I decided to slap the 7a.m. Plus in another open comb and see how it worked, and it was another super close shave! I did get a little weeper on my cheek, and a few red dots, but it was a DFS+ shave!

My quarantine ends Tuesday morning.

No nicks: 4.8
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 4.9
Smoothness: 5
Total rating: 9.85

15th.jpg

Top Bottom