What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: RazoRock Black Tie
Blade: Israeli Personna (3)
Brush: Omega 6214 Silvertip, 22mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Soap: Speick Shave Stick

Equate Witch Hazel
Speick Aftershave Splash

Three passes to a smooth and efficient shave. On my third passes I generally don't go ATG on the chin. Instead I do another XTG. I found my chin likes that better.
9.8/10
Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio + Neutrogena Sensitive Shave Skin Cream for men
Aftershave: Cold water rinses

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Overall rank: 10/10

Very good shave. Very close and pleasant shave. Not as close as the 3ONE6 + Wilkinson Sword Classic.

YMMV

Today's shave:

Pre:
Warm water splashes
Razor: Gillette SS K-1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Duke 2 best
Cream: Proraso blue tube

Rating:
10/10

Great shave today! I've been using the B&M Diamond products a lot and I forgot how that Stirling a/s feels compared to the more mild B&M product. The burn was strong and wonderful!

15 January 2021
DSCF2404.JPG

Prep:
Pear Soap applied with my old Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using rain water)
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Shark Blade#5 shave #3
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman √ Bay Rum
Rating:
10.0 BBS A tremendous shave for a cool blustery day. Today’s shave yielded no stubble, nicks or weepers.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10 (If I could rate this an 11, I would.)
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel Shave Cream
Brush: Maggards Timber Wolf synthetic (Kit brush)
Razor: Charcoal Goods SS SB LvL2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength

So...uhmmm...where do I begin? ... This is the absolute closest and best shave I've gotten in a while and I can say that being someone who gets pretty darn good shaves daily. This shave makes me question why I don't try to use this razor every day. I had always been under the impression that the aggressiveness of it was too much to be a daily driver being that this razor is the most aggressive that I own. But I think I should try to use the CG LvL2 five days in a row and really test that theory before I dismiss it. How I would love to be able to achieve what the outcome was this morning...every morning! And so it begins.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210115.jpg

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
View attachment 1208755
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 0.72-SB
Blade: Silver Star (4)
Brush: Opal 100 (24mm Best Badger)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Excellent shave! :cool:

Great picture! You can really get a good luck at the profile on the head of that Lupo from the picture. Thanks. It reminds me of my Charcoal Goods LvL2 head a bit.

Pre Shave: Warm shower, Glycerin Soap Face Wash, Crown Pre Shave Gel
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (3)
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T3
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.85/10 Excellent three pass BBS shave. No weepers, no irritation and no cuts. Excellent Shave! My third shave with the Genesis and still impressed as it just works. Unfortunately though pushing the blade to three shaves was not as comfortable as it should have been, was tuggy and had a rough blade feel. I know better, but tried three shaves anyway.

Pre: Hot Towel
Soap: SV Cosmo (second use in the Copper Bowl, very nice lather & slickness)
Brush: Simpson’s M7 Best, (it is a great brush, but instead of being a little scratchy like my other Best brushes, it feels in between those and my Chubby 2 Super)
Blade: Polsilver (1st use)
Razor: Timeless SS Scalloped .95, I think I like a little blade feel reminds me of my EJ 3one6, only smoother, I think the whole blade is held a little more firmly.

Very good shave, no irritation

9/10

My thought is the next blade to try is a Nacet it is a little sharper, then if that works I could try a Feather, but I am pretty for a regular everyday blade it will be Polsilver.View attachment 1208708
I have ordered the Titanium Handle , want to see what difference a lighter handle makes when shaving

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, Jan 15th, 2021

Razor: Star bar lather catcher, Model 4-MFG 1919 by the Kampfe brothers Brooklyn NY, one of the best lather catchers I have used.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity that smooths out nicely. Predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood. Very nice sandal wood scent with great lather qualities. Cream form.
Brush : Yaqi Artic sky 24mm knot, excellent lather creator with heavenly like soft tips with back bone for a nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.

SOTD, Fri, Jan 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Today's shave:

Pre:
Warm water splashes
Razor: Gillette SS K-1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Duke 2 best
Cream: Proraso blue tube

Rating: 10/10

Great shave today! I've been using the B&M Diamond products a lot and I forgot how that Stirling a/s feels compared to the more mild B&M product. The burn was strong and wonderful!
The Duke series are great brushes, and the 2 really fills a niche in my collection of brushes

Top Bottom