What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Τετάρτη... είχα πρόταση και δεν το κατάλαβα;

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade : Gillette / Nacet (1)
Soap : Meissner Tremonia / Mint Ice Menthol
Brush: Simpsons / X3-Commodore Best Badger

WTG=>XTG=> DFS++ (almost BBS) 10.0/10.0

Prep: Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRX Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword India Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger
Soap: Tabac Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.8/10
Very very nice BBS in 2.5 passes !!

Night Shave

Prep
: Hot Water Splashes + The Body Shop's Tea Tree Facial Wash + Avocado Oil
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat TTO 1946/1947
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Brush: Proraso
Soap: Arko Shaving Soap (puck)
Aftershave: Alum bar + Cold Water Rinse + Hyaluronic acid and Niacinamide gel moisturizer + Pure Shea butter (unscented)
Rating : ??/10 - This is my third shave and the first one doing 3 successful passes. Not dents, cuts or blood!

127719088_740086600245019_3365515311978289297_n.jpg

Very very nice, I'm still a newbie so i have a lot to improve, but still this is a lot better that any disposable or electric that i tried before.

Full Williams for Williams Wednesday! The GameChanger .84 plate series was on deck.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Tabac Puck
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Williams Aqua Velva (Eur)
ASB: Williams ASB (Eur)
Rating: 9.7/10

Williams Wednesday, Baby!!! Need I say more. Just look at that lather.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Back to an early/midweek favourite :

Hobson of Leamington 6/8 round point straight razor
Vie Long brown horse brush
Wickhams "Irish Fern" soap
Superdrug "Forest Fresh" aftershave

Nice shave. Bit of ATG sandpaper under the chin, but I'm coming round to the idea I might not be able to get all of that with the straight razor - tried a different grip this morning which seemed to get somewhere, but there's still a bit of nonsense the consistency of the heavier dark green lapping film when I run my hand in a specific direction.

I might have been getting a bit complacent after yesterday's two-razor shave - the razor nudged me on one occasion as if to say "Don't get cocky, kid". I'll take that sort of thing from the Hobson - it's much older than I am. But nothing emerged and it didn't interrupt the shave.

I'll give it a solid "8".

Pre: Hot shower and Poraso preshave

Brush: Simpsons Colonel X2L in Best
Cream: TOBS Tobacco Leaf
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Voshkod (2)
After: Proraso Red

9/10

Nice and quick refreshing shave on a 2-day stubble, two passes WTG and XTG. not BBS but close enough. I rarely chase it anyways. I love the pairing aggressive razor-smooth blade, the efficiency of the system is remarkable.

The cream, not so much: too sweet for my taste but hey I've got a tub I might as well use it and the performances of the lather make amend for the scent. You don't have too much time to worry about that tho, as here comes Proraso and makes you forget everything else with the deep and cosy scent of Sandalwood. Appropriate for those chilly autumn mornings (albeit sunny here in the NL).

Daily Shave: 25 November 2020

DSCF2338.JPG

Prep:
Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using distilled water)
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
BIC / Blade #5 / Shave #1
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Wiped face dry and then Witch Hazel wipe down
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
9.0 DFS A good 1st shave, but coarse feeling, with a new blade. No significant stubble or weepers, but a few ‘oozers’. Hopefully, tomorrow’s shave will be a little smoother.

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Gillette SS K1
Blade: Kai (0)
Brush: Simpson Special in best
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Citrus
Aftershave: Stirling Triumph AS
Rating : 9.9/10

My first time running the Kai in the old SuperSpeed. Extremely pleasant shave. The Special is pretty much broken in now after 20 or so uses and it's just the perfect size for my face when it splays out. Very accurate and enjoyable brush! The Kai gave me an ultra close DFS++ over two passes WTG and XTG, and has probably moved up to be my favorite blade in both of my razors so far. 0 nicks or cuts. Almost a 10 shave but I did notice a little bit of resistance from the razor today. The truth is that I'll never match the Feather AS-D2's smoothness from the Gillette.

Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead (brass)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (3)
Brush: Spiffo - Alezeh (High Mountain White SHD-Fan) 26mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Noble Otter - Barrbarr
Aftershave: Noble Otter - Monarch
AF250CDD-0F4C-4A22-B7C7-9A1F2A19EA5B.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
If it’s been snowing...break out the Shovelhead
71700B6E-D82D-42F8-A0DC-941B0EFCD9B5.jpeg

My Shovelhead just seemed like the correct razor for today.
I had the Noble Otter Barrbarr lather whipped up to perfection along with a keen edged Personna blade and got the job done.
I haven’t used a Shovelhead in a while, so I wasn’t used to the audible feedback it produces. Super close BBS shave with nary a nick or irritation.
The best part of this mornings shave was the lathering. It felt so good I didn’t want to stop. For some reason, the super high density fan knot produced a suction on my face while I was making circular scrubbing motions. I could feel it lifting the whiskers straight up and seriously coating them. The brush actually made a suctioning “pop” when I lifted it off my face. I’ve never experienced this feeling before while lathering, and it felt magnificent! I believe the high density of the knot helped produce that “airtight” phenomenon. At least it was new to me. Now I want that feeling all the time.

Snow=Shovel Shave=Shovelhead

Last edited:
Razor: RazoRock GC68-P
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Organic
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.