What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- D.R. Harris Windsor cream (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Nivea for Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86 BIC Chrome Platinum
- BIC Chrome Platinum (7)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Shave Rating: 9/10
Sixth and final shave with this sample and another pleasant shave. Just enough cream for a single pass shave today and I got another irritation free shave with a nice cushioned and slick lather.
I'll be trying out a Truefitt & Hill sample next and interested to see how it compares to D.R. Harris. Even though I could get at least another shave from this blade I'll be using a new one to keep the comparison fair.

Razor: Blackbird sb
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi synthetic 28mm
Soap: Officina Artigiana Milano
Rating: 10

An irritation and nick free bbs shave again with this combo. I usually bin a blade after 3 uses but this one still seems ok so I’ll use it again. For a change I palm lathered and got a dense, slick result with a beautiful sheen, I’ve tried bowl, face and palm lathering now with this soap and all have produced a great result. The post shave face feel is excellent with this splash and I also really like the scent. The Blackbird continues to be by far my favourite de razor.

Tue 24th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Karve Brass SB-D 2nd Use
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Aloe Vera Gel
Nice lather from the soap especially the scent.
Shave with the razor this time paired with one of my favourite and safe blade provided a really smooth and comfortable 3 passes including smooth atg pass. Mostly BBS to some DFS. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
Outstanding shave with the razor fame truly realized! It is really important for a good blade pairing. Yesterday's blade pairing was not so good but today is super!!
20201123_145523.jpg

20201124_092307.jpg

Razor: RazoRock GC68-P
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Pre-Shave: Cetaphil Facial Cleanser
Lather: VDH Luxury
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks: 5
No irritation: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close and very pleasant shave.

VDH Luxury seems less protective than the Haslinger.

Rating: 10/10

Prep: Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker SRB Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword India Half Blade (D2)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Soap: Proraso Green Tub
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Lotion
Rating : 9.8/10
Very very nice BBS in 2.5 passes !!

Τρίτη. Έτσι απλά...

Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade : Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Soap : MdC / Agrumes
Brush: Simpsons / S1 Best Badger

WTG=>XTG=> DFS 9.5/10.0

Today I used Personna Platinum Chrome for the very first time. Not impressed at all. People say (even West Coast Shaving) that they are the same with Personna Red. I expect to receive some reds, but I hope they are not like chrome.
Crystal is a much better blade for me and on top of my list along with BiC.

Full Tabac Tuesday! The GameChanger .68 plate series was on deck.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Tabac Puck
Razor: RazoRock GC .68 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Synthetic
AS: Tabac
ASB: Tabac
EdC: Tabac
Rating: 9.95/10 Tabacs

Just wet the brush, hit the dry puck, started some proto lather, and hit the bowl adding water as needed for what is the Tabac Goodness!!!!

Just a fantastic shave. I feel so good and smell so good it should be illegal.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Control group / reference sample / reset to default this morning :

Thiers Issard 11/16 "Basic black" round point straight razor
Yaqi metal handle synthetic brush
Cella
Fourth pass : Edwin Jagger DE86 + Astra SP
Marks and Spencer "Woodspice" aftershave

I'd been playing with a few nice vintage finds and some other stuff that it was a bit of stretch to call a razor for the past week or so - I thought it was about time to remove some variables.

Had an annoying bit of ATG sandpaper under my chin which the straight razors could never quite eliminate going N-S and S-N, so I thought I'd break out a DE for the finish with a bit of E-W/W-E action. It didn't have much to do except that patch below the chin, but it reminded me that I like both kinds of razors.

Relieved to be able to call it a satisfying "10" - there wouldn't have been anywhere else to look but my technique. Now I'm off to spend the rest of the morning rubbing my face and grinning like an idiot.

Daily Shave: 24 November 2020

DSCF2337.JPG

Prep:
Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream (using distilled water)
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
BIC / Blade #4 / Shave #4 and out
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Wiped face dry and then Witch Hazel wipe down
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman
Rating:
9.0 DFS An acceptable shave with a dulling blade. Some stubble, nicks, but one weeper from scab removal. Decided to replace blade.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming High Seas
Brush: Maggards Synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS SB .68 w/scalloped head & base
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

I'm slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that my Timeless razor is my best daily shaver. This morning, another DFS/BBS with no injuries or blood to report. Lately, me having a bad shave is a fluke. Have I reached a point where I've dialed it all in? Time will tell. Black Ship Grooming High Seas is a nice aquatic/ozone scent as you might imagine. It performed well this morning. I have so much Bootlegger's Bay Rum that I'll be using it a bit more frequently in the coming months. Smells great.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20201124.jpg

48-hour beard

Merkur Progress, Personna Red blade (2)

Tabac in stick form

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

After my shower and the application of a little Tabac as a pre-shave, I applied the stick and face-lathered, waited 3 minutes, and began my first pass, setting 3 (the highest I've done yet) on the Merkur, WTG on everything but the lower lip. With it stopped down to 2, I made a light pass to the lip, then re-lathered and went ATG on cheeks and throat. Down to setting 1; second light pass on lower lip; re-lathered and made my final XTG and cleanup on the throat. Near BBS, comfortable and smooth, no irritation or nicks. Verdict: 9.8.

Top Bottom