What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

FRi shave 1.jpg

Friday’s Shave

I went with Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife soap today. Today I used Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip brush. The razor is a Wolfman SS SB WR2 1.05 mm razor loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. Today’s aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. The fragrance was Jimmy Choo Man Intense. A perfect shave: 10/10.

shave slant today

Parker Semi Slant shaving head

face of RR Geman Slant

Astra

Proraso green

AS Tabacco

In my opinion, Parker is more aggressive and effective than RR GS, which is why I use Parker for shaving my head and milder for the face in general 8.5

View attachment 1135906
+1 Agree with you. I have both Parker Semi Slant and RR GS just like you and I find the Parker to be more aggressive and tends to cause weepers while the RR GS has been ever so smooth and comfortable for every shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Fri, Aug 7th, 2020

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4- Mfg 1959 4th qtr-settings 5>6>7 works like a charm.
Blade: Polsilver SI (4) sharp and smooth, 1st shave always cork only with this blade, Smooths 1st shave always.
Soap: Razorock country side- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26 mm synthetic- great lather creating brush with soft tips with some back bone.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud clubman with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy.

DE SOTD, Fri, Aug 7th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

9/10 - BBS 3 pass shave.
Razor: Gillette E4 1959 Fatboy
Blade: Bic platinum (1)
Brush: 24mm ApShaveCo cashmere gold handle
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Ogallala Bay rum, sage, and cedar stick
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay rum AS
IMG_20200805_110532.jpg
/ Stirling Bay rum balm
Additional Care: Thayer’s Lemon WH

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
9/10 - BBS 3 pass shave.
Razor: Gillette E4 1959 Fatboy
Blade: Bic platinum (1)
Brush: 24mm ApShaveCo cashmere gold handle
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Ogallala Bay rum, sage, and cedar stick
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay rum AS View attachment 1136153/ Stirling Bay rum balm
Additional Care: Thayer’s Lemon WH

What do you think of the performance of the Ogallala shaving stick? I've never tried a stick. I find their puck to be a little lacking as far as quality of lather. Love the scent though!

Razor: 1965 Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (2)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T with synthetic knot
Soap: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Speick
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
Rating: 8.5/10 - Worst shave in some time. Think I got careless because I was using my trusty Krona. Big mistake! Even had to use some balm to calm things down (especially on my neck), which I almost never do in the summer.

Razor: Schick L3 The Grip
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating - ten points of Schick goodness!
20200806_080817.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200807
20200806_221808~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Old Type (Charcoal Goods Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: RazoRock 24 Barrel Silvertip
Soap: Santa Maria Del Fiore Sapone Da Barba
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla
Cologne: Cologne for Men "T" EdP Spray (Clone of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille)

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS+ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Shaving with the Old Type is like kicking back in your favorite chair - comfortable, reassuring and relaxing. :)

Wonderful shave! :)

I have been exclusively using my Fatip Open Comb Slant since it arrived a couple of weeks ago. I am still relatively new to wet shaving and today was the first experience without using a pre-shave oil. I had read a couple of threads where a CeraVe bar soap was used as a pre and while my local drug store was out of that they recommended the Cetaphil Cleansing Bar as a substitute. It seems to have a majority of similar ingredients but don't quote me on how actually similar they are. I enjoyed the Cetaphil as it did not leave any residue and my face much felt softer than is using any regular Dial or Irish Spring soap bar.

I did my second attempted on a face lather which was much more successful than the first and make me realize that my shave bowl might be out of a job shortly. The FOCS was phenomenal (as always) and after three passes and minor touch-ups I realized that this was my best shave to date. Used Clubman Bay Rum AS for the first time and have found my new favourite sent. I would give this shave a 9.5/10.

Pre: Cetaphil Bar
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville face lather
Razor: Fatip Slant
Blade: Voskhod (3)
After: Thayers Witch Hazel Original, splash of Clubman Bay Rum, and Nivea Sensitive Skin After Shave Balm

My Friday Morning Shave
Prep: Shower​
One Pass shave w/ touch up​
Razor: DOVO Best Quality 5/8" Full Hollowed SR​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted (‘rotten wood‘) Maple handle w/ Full Moon Synthetic 26mm knot​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 8.5/10 No nicks!
  • I thought I would give this razor one more chance, but needs some honing. (I am also experimenting with my angles. Starting out on a shavette may be messing me up a little now.)
    • I have never honed an SR before and have a couple of other ones queued up to learn on
  • Minimal irritation
  • Even shave, but not close. I did get my usual trouble areas nicely
  • I did well with my ATG/XTG touch-ups, as I need to work on these methods more
  • As stated before - I love this brush!
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom