What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-shave:- Pears Green
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Brush:- Body Shop Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Cella Almond

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech Personna

Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Purrfect 10/10

Copy of tt1.jpg

Sat 8 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB #88
Blade Elios Inoxidable 7th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman WhiskyWood
Dip finger for a dollop and spread on wet face. Lathering with the brush was fantastic! Mild but nice scent. Result was creamy and slick enough for 4 pass.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very nice. Sharpish, smooth, efficient and very comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes without any weepers nor irritation. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and Whisky Wood. A happy shave 9.7/10
20200807_222516.jpg

20200808_110422.jpg

Another Rockwell / Voskhod combination on this shave, this time using the Model T Adjustable. After four days growth, I set it on 5 for the first time to compare it plate 5 I which I used on the previous shave. As suspected it was more aggressive but with careful preparation and the smoothness of the Voskhod, it provided a very efficient first WTG pass. I dialled it to 3 for the XTG and AGT, the latter of which was really a tidy up on my neck.

Razor: Rockwell Model T Adjustable
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Aqua Velva Musk
Bowl: Captain's Choice copper bowl

The star performer was the soap, Albion from Phoenix and Beau. The scent isn't really a combination of the bergamot, lavender and grapefruit on the lid but it is a fresh and if I may use the term "manly" scent with some element of musk about it. It was also stronger post shave, so despite it being a very warm day here in Scotland, there was no need for the Aqua Velva musk at all. The scent is awesome and it lathers easily to smooth cream.

Very enjoyable over-all so a 9.5.

dkpwatson64_1596591710.jpg

Saturday shave

Merkur 37c slant
Lord Platinum Class
Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian
Simpsons Luxurious Shaving Cream
Thayer WH
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

Rating: 8.5/10

I haven't used the 37c in a long time, and was impressed with how neat the first pass was with the moderately sharp Lord Platinum blade, it trimmed down all difficult areas in the first wtg pass. If in a rush, one could easy get away with the single pass with this razor. I did an additional xtg/atg pass but it wasn't that comfortable, and I wasn't getting that much closer or smoother for my troubles.

8-aug shv.JPG

Woke up early, so I shaved:

36-hour beard

Fatip Lo Storto (Slant) Open Comb razor, Personna Red blade (2)

La Toja in stick form

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Stirling SDM aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

This shave with the Fatip went even better than Tuesday last. No shower, but I did the hot face towel routine with a little La Toja as a pre-shave under it. Then I face-lathered the soap -- the synthetic brush, as someone on the La Toja thread suggested, made for a much thicker lather -- and applied the Slant. Two passes on cheeks and lower lip, three on the throat; close, comfortable, no nicks or irritation. A 9.7.

Daily Shave: 08 August 2020

DSCF2202.JPG

• Prep: Lectric Shave
  • Razor: Viking Chieftain
  • Brush: Omega 11126
  • Blade: Gillette 7 O-clock Green Blade #2 Shave #2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
  • Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- using distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
  • A / S: Old Spice Classic
  • Rating: 9.5 / 10.0 BBS A nice shave this morning. No nicks, one tiny weeper, and virtually no stubble.

Executive Saturday
Rare morning shave thx to weekend days
Great shave. Lil nick on the neck makes it 9.7/10
Brush : Fendrihan tuxedo synth 24mm
Razor : Supply single edge v2
Blade : Ted pella personna (3)
PS : Col conk original ps oil
Soap : Stirling Executive man
Thayers witch Hazel lavender
AS : Stirling executive man balm

Have a nice and safe weekend
IMG_20200808_064126.jpg

Sat shave.jpg

Saturday’s Shave

I went with Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife soap today. I used my B&B LE 2014 brush made by Rudy Vey. It has a Shavemac D01 two band knot. The razor is a Wolfman SS SB WR2 1.05 mm razor loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. Today’s aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. The fragrance was TOBS Sandalwood. A perfect 10/10 shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black wrapper) - 2
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

Another great shave with the Mamba 70 sporting the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum. This shave will be the impetus for me to order this razor blade in quantity. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation. I like the four-pass method, 2xWTG and then 2xATG. Seems to be working well and the areas on my neck that have irritation are subsiding/healing! Couldn't be more pleased with the current trend in results.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Have a blessed Saturday!

Kit 20200808.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 8th 2020

Razor: Gillette American super speed X1 version - MFG 1952 1st qtr, milder razor, but shaves close with a Kai blade.
Blade: Kai SS (4)- great blade, sharp and smooth + is wider than a standard blade by .009 thousands of a inch = >blade exposure.
Soap: Razorock Irish Country side- mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- Great little brush for generating lather from any type of soap + soft tips.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 cut operator error= :001_smile Very close shave with my Gillette 1952 SS razor.

DE SOTD, Sat. Aug 8th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead (brass)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (10)
Brush: Simpsons: Special 1 Best Badger 20mm
Lather: Zaharoff Signature
Aftershave: Zaharoff Signature (Splash)
4CD6C1C0-FA19-4CF4-A017-D36F4DAF3130.jpeg

Shave Rating: 8/10
10th Shave for GEM (Personna) PTFE Blade.
This is the only Gem type blade I have ever used, and during its ten shaves it has served six different razors. The blade and razors were all first time shaves for me, this shave included. I’ve had quite the run of stress free wonderful shaves.
The Shovelhead I used today was probably the loudest as far as audible feedback is concerned. I had to do a bit of extra scraping to clear up under my jawline. A sign to finally retire this faithful blade. Surprisingly, I didn’t receive any bad feedback from the alum block. I’m sure the excellent Zaharoff soap had a part in that too.
For a while now, no matter what razor, blade or soap combination I have used, I have encountered no post shave irritation and my skin has been exceptionally soft and smooth. I’m crediting this to my use of toner and Hyaluronic acid before my shave instead of after. I have been getting consistently good results. My theory is to plump up your skin and give it all the goodies you can before attacking it with a razor instead of after the fact. I’ve been experimenting with this for a while and my post shave face is consistently healthier looking and softer feeling...or maybe I’m just getting real good at shaving.

Stay safe and keep your friends distant.

DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 8th 2020

Razor: Gillette American super speed X1 version - MFG 1952 1st qtr, milder razor, but shaves close with a Kai blade.
Blade: Kai SS (4)- great blade, sharp and smooth + is wider than a standard blade by .009 thousands of a inch = >blade exposure.
Soap: Razorock Irish Country side- mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- Great little brush for generating lather from any type of soap + soft tips.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 cut operator error= :001_smile Very close shave with my Gillette 1952 SS razor.

DE SOTD, Sat. Aug 8th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!
Thanks for the notes about the Kai blade increasing the blade exposure on the Super Speed for a closer shave. Question: if I already have Fatboy and Slim adjustables, is it worth it to buy one or more Super Speeds?

Top Bottom