What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Today’s shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Prewar Canadian Tech

Blade: GSB

Soap: Shannon’s soap Bay Patchouli Grapefruit sample A solid scent.

Brush: Stirling Finest Badger

Balm Stirling unscented balm.

Aftershave: Old Spice

Stately BBS

Pre: Proraso green
Brush: Craving Shaving
Lather: PdP
Blade: Personna (1)
Razor: Merkur Progress

B5C07F99-3942-433F-AFD3-2FA526B627F6.jpeg

SOTD 10/27
Razor: Blackland Titanium Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Grizzly Bay Bomb Pop
Soap: PAA Ck6 Monstroso
Aftershave: PAA Monstroso Star Jelly

I've really been breaking out all the Halloween scents this week, among them this is not my favorite. However, the performance is nothing to scoff at, it provided great cushion and slickness and helped to result in a very comfortable, very close shave.

No weepers no irritation and no hairs left over 10/10.
20211027_212832.jpg

- Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip
- Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.35 (OC side only)
- Blade: Sharp Stainless green wrapper (1 and done)
- Soap: St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot
- Aftershave: St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot gel
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

The Sharp Stainless blade is awful. Found it at the bottom of my blade stash and it must have came from a sampler a few years ago. Rough blade. As bad as Merkur and Rockwell. 👎

St James lathers as nicely as usual and I overloaded it as usual. I am a terrible cream in a bowl latherer. I should stick to face lathering hard soaps. The big Kent Silvertip is an excellent brush. It might not be as dense as a Simpson Chubby, but it feels great on the face.

7/10

95851597-FD72-4A3D-9ED5-B0BF42F28CDE.jpeg

tempImagepCk648.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Lather: CC Island Time
Blade: 7 O'Clock Green (2)
Razor: Gillette New SC

Great setup today. The New SC has been feeling downright perfect lately. I made an even better lather with the soap today by starting with a barely damp brush and building the water in more slowly. The Cat O'Nine Tails splash is described as a "darker" version of their Bay Rum, which makes perfect sense. I had a couple small nicks that closed before the final rinse. No irritation, DFS+ results on 2.5 passes . . . Rating: 9.8/10.

Today’s: Shave

Razor:
Viking Chieftain
Blade: Derby Premium (fresh blade)
Cream: Taylor of Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream
Brush: Jequil Corenvveo
AS: Duke Cannon's After-Shave Balm-ice cold

Fresh blade strangely tugs a little, it seems this blade gets sharper on the second and third shaves. Taylor of Bond Street lathers up nicely but something about it just felt off. Perhaps I used a tad too much water. Had one small weeper that closed when splashed I cold water 💦 on my face. Really liked the Duke Cannon’s really felt ice cold ❄️ going on.

Overall a good shave rate it an eight.

Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2, 2 Band Silvertip, this brush is probably the closest to the Varlet it is truly an amazing knot. Never really sat and thought about it but Simpson’s is an incredible maker of shaving brushes, they can meet any price range or personal preferences.

Blade: Polsilver Stainless (2) the quality of the shave doubles from the first use it stays great thru the 5th shave, then really good thru the 10th shave.

Soap: Ethos Colonia incredible lather/slickness

Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.35mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle, what can I say for me there is nothing better.

Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid

10/10
F2F6AC7B-64D2-468C-B62F-610D23739456.jpeg
1153B64A-44BE-492D-A26F-3A7597023F6F.jpeg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Green Indian (D2)
Brush: Semogue 610 Boar
Soap: Pearlman CoffeeOP Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Biotiq Wild Grass AS Gel
Rating : 9.73/10 :pipe:

Close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Thu 28 SR SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers (aka Master Soap Creations) New & 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
The soap smells good off the tub..pineapple and menthol. The lather was great...very cooling, nice scent...the strength just nice. It was nicely creamy and quite slick too...no regrets!
Shave with the razor was very nice...great contrast to hear and feel the thin hollow edge after a few sessions with a wedge. The razor was keen yet smooth and very comfortable. 3passes for a dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent. Rating 9.5/10
20211028_135956.jpg

There's a reason why Sean Connery would look the beautiful woman stranding beside him right in her eyes and utter the magic words: "Boar, Jade Boar..."

Then came the 80's and that nonchalant was replaced by the raw cruelty of the markets, immortalized in Gordon Gekho's words: "wanna a friend? Buy a Boar!"

60's, 80's or 2020's, just buy an Omega Boar.

Proraso Red. Great scent.

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill

Astra Superior (2)

Overall - 007. What else do you want when you already have a license to kill?!

0AA59548-7708-4A26-8C6E-9A8B39C1AE8E.jpeg

28 October 2021
20211028_053818.jpg

Prep:
Face wash using Old Spice shower soap.
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Lathering Cream:
Cremo Sandalwood scent using last of my rain water
Blade:
Bolzano Superinox – Germany Shave#1 homemade label
Lathering Brush:
Gray Dog--Ohio
Bowl:
Fine Stoneware
Passes:
WTG and ATG lots of buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.0 CCS
Comments:
Comments for today’s shave:

Shave
: Heavy stubble, no nicks or weepers.

Blade: I can’t determine if the Bolzano blade doesn’t work well with my KCG razor, or if the cream is the issue. Will keep trying.

Cremo: Doesn’t seem to lather up very well using my Stoneware bowl and Gray Dog brush.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Sandalwood shave soap (brushless, applied by hand - pump)
Soap: La Toja shave cream
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.15
Blade: Timor SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Witch Hazel & Aloe (Black Ice Licorice scent) - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Fine Snake Bite splash

First shave with this razor which came yesterday evening. I was happy with the overall aggressiveness and efficiency...I think I chose the right gap. With a Timor SS loaded, it gave a very close shave. There wasn't much work for it to do quite honestly as yesterday's shave with the Lupo still lingered in places where the whisker growth was minimal. But the overall experience was excellent. I'm very happy with the new Wolfman WR2. I was actually nervous going into this shave that it might be too aggressive, but this shave proved that the gap selection I'd made was a good one. Thanks @Mountain Grown !

A few quick notes...this new razor gives a closer shave than any of my Lupo razors and is just a tad more aggressive on the feel...so...very good stuff! However, I will be adding this Wolf into a rotation with my Lupo pack...it will not be replacing the Lupo pack. Lupo is still very, very good. After this shave, I know that I'll be enjoying this razor for years to come.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

IMG_20211028_071457.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Razor Gamechanger 84-P
Blade 7 O'clock SharpEdge
Brush Omega Badger
Soap Tabac (tallow)
Aftershave PAA John Frum

After noticing a slight nick under my jawline from yesterday's shave, I decided to go with a time tested, proven mid-range setup for today's squad. Well, except for the Tabac, which is new (to me), but it's already proven itself a great performer.

Two passes and touch-up left me with a wúnderbar, smooth dfs/bbs. The bright musk of John Frum was like icing on the cake. Mission accomplished.
9.5/10 and Chester Approved 😻
View attachment 1353247

Chester looks like a great buddy. Good picture!

Top Bottom