What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL 28mm Finest Bulb, this is an absolutely incredible knot.
Blade: Wizamet (2) very smooth & efficient shave with very little aftershave sting
Soap: MDC Original I just love my soaps
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.35mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid

10/10
12C840D5-E93C-4530-9D29-D2B71072D74B.jpeg
14E09131-905D-4954-BAFA-B3E2EA4C8D62.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Schick Proline (7 and done)
Brush: Grizzly Bay Empress / 26mm V10 Fanchurian (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Diamond
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Diamond Splash
Rating: 9/10

Comfortable and trouble free shave. No blood or irritation but the blade lost its efficiency so wasn’t as close as usual.

C600E11F-9E8A-4D70-AFC5-F75A33B0E42F.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a great shave with some new stuff today:

tempImagelDhnpe.jpg

Brush: Captain's Choice -- the handle makes me think I'm staring into space from the deck of a ship at midnight
Lather: Captain's Choice Island Time -- My goodness, the scent on this soap!
Blade: 7 O'Clock Green (1)
Razor: Razorock German 37

The soap has a stronger pineapple scent, but the splash is more about coconuts, which makes them an awesome set. Another great shave with this razor and this blade. On only 18 hours of growth, it was good to go easy. No injuries, irritation, troubles of any kind. Results: BBS-. Rating: 10/10.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy
Soap: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 2 (Kodiak)
Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 2 Splash
Rating: 10/10

Close, smooth and trouble free makes for a fantastic shave. Really enjoying my shaves lately.

View attachment 1352473
Great photo Brad. Really took my eye. Plus one of my favourite soaps. Thanks for the heads up on Murphy and McNeil Barbershop de los Muertos 2.😊😊😊

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
8DF986BC-E174-48F9-84F0-CA4B73EF169F.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapWholly Kaw Fougére Mania, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB The Driver Silver tip Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR1.90, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeVoskhod, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragranceTom Ford Vanille Fatale, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

Wed 27 Kamisori SR SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
This is a wonderful soap! Love the scent and the creamy and very slick lather too...
I'm enjoying this Kamisori razor even more. The edge feels really mild, smooth, and very comfortable but yet efficient. Very maneuverable and forgiving for a new straight razor. So far no blood has been spilled despite some mistakes. 3+1passess for a dfs finish. Aftershaves were just awesome. Rating 9.7/10!
20211027_142759.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- TABAC Shave Stick

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Scottish Fine Soaps Thistle & Black Pepper Aftershave balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Sharp Star (1)
- Semogue SOC Taj Boar

Fragrance for the day:
- L'Occitan by L'Occitane EDT

Shave Rating: 8/10
First shave with a Sharp Star blade today (made by Mostochlegmash along with Rapira, Ladas and Voskhod blades but from what I've read only in 2012 and for the UAE market). I loaded it into my FaTip Piccolo Gentile and had a very smooth shave. It was sharp enough for a close shave but not quite in the BIC/Feather category of sharp so likely one I'll keep for my less mild razors although I am expecting it to sharpen up over the next couple of shaves. I ended up with a touch of irritation on my neck (not uncommon) but no Alum sting so I don't expect the irritation to last long.
Another shave with TABAC and scent continues to grow on me as it mellows (it's still not a scent I would pick but one I don't mind using considering the performance of TABAC).

Omega Jade Boar
Haslinger Schafmilch
Gillette Brazilian Goodwill
Astra Superior (1)

The last Astra I had was just there, laying around. And I decided to give it a shot. Most often than not, when I use a different blade, I wander whether there's any merit to my previous blade conclusions... who knows?

I can't praise this brush enough.

Overall - 9. And some shaken convictions.

F6A35189-BD3C-4D7F-9461-C01CDA762C9D.jpeg

My usual razor with the Merkur blade and my usual soap. Plus alum block and skin food.

I know I shaved yesterday but my beard felt a bit patchy this morning so I decided to even it out by doing a W and A pass (no X).

This is the first time I’ve had NO nicks since getting my 39c Sledgehammer and my skin feels BBS. I could never use a Mach 3 or Fusion again.

I’m happy to award the shave 10/10.

Jason.

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Semogue 620
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Hallows (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
C991C7C9-EB60-48A3-8282-EE0D6BCD052A.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Trick or TREET?
I love my TREET razors, especially this one…because it’s blue. I can love a razor for any reason I like…and I like blue!
Seriously though, I had a seriously good shave. My GEM blade was on its fourth shave which means it has just passed through puberty into manhood. The peak of perfection.
For those of you that think a Treet baton is just another ASR rebranded GEM Junion Baton razor you would be wrong. If you look under the hood you’ll find that instead of the expected closed comb, it is sporting a Clog Pruf type safety bar.
6062F254-3EEA-44E8-B585-F7A26D5AA7C6.jpeg

Unfortunately my Razor rotation is so varied that I never get in enough back to back shaves to comment on which I like best. I’m pretty sure @Whiterook will pop up with his own Treet one of these days and his own personal incite.

27 October 2021
20211027_060020.jpg
​

Prep:
Face wash using Old Spice shower soap.
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb --China & Germany
Lathering Cream:
Cremo Sandalwood scent Using fresh from the sky rain water
Blade:
Bolzano Superinox – Germany Shave#1 homemade label
Lathering Brush:
Gray Dog--Ohio
Bowl:
Fine Stoneware
Passes:
WTG and ATG buffing
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Dickinson’s Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.9 BBS
Comments:
Insignificant stubble, no nicks or weepers.

The LOTH treated me to a tube of Cremo Sandalwood scent—she had 50-cent off coupon. I plan to use this for the current blade’s rotation. A single shave is not sufficient to critique any shaving product. No matter what, I will go back to the Proraso Green with the next blade change.

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Tabac (tallow)
Brush: Omega Pro
Razor: ATT Windsor SSH1, Atlas handle
Blade: Nacet (2)
Afters: Alum block, Tabac AS splash

3 passes (W, X, A), cleanup under chin.

10 / 10

Shave was pretty much perfect BBS. The Atlas handle arrived yesterday and the razor feels perfectly balanced with it. Shaved mostly with a neutral angle this morning and that seems to work very well. There is tons of blade feel, and for me that makes it easy to keep a good angle. The 3 inch handle makes it very agile. I have a feeling this may become one of my top 3 razors. Will keep learning it and dialing it in this week and maybe next.

Razor: Above the Tie classic R1 safety bar head, Atlas handle, vintage 2014 (discontinued in 2020, I think)
Blade: US Personna Lab Blue, new laser etched logo (4)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic
Soap: Tabac Original tallow, recently discontinued in 2021
Rating: 10

This morning's shave on 3 days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, no burning or irritation, and no nicks! Perfect shave again today. The ATT classic R1 is probably the overall best DE razor that I own - and its resulting shaves are usually presentable (little to no visible stubble) for 24 hours.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
It's be kind to my face week!

Wednesday's shave

Pre-shave:
shower & Proraso red preshave cream
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum #4
Soap: Stirling Veren
Brush: Made Rite reknotted with (I think) 24mm silvertip
Post shave: Thayer's WH, followed by B&M Reserve Lavender A/S

DFS+, 9.5 / 10

Mmmmmm, face continues to feel better, almost ready to tackle that Fatip Grande again on Sunday. I'm sticking with the Veren and Cella Extra Extra Bio for my rehabilitation week, although I may slip in Tabaco or Noble Otter Two Kings tomorrow, both leave my face feeling very nice. Or maybe The Fat, we'll see. I chose the B&M this morning because I love the scent, and it also has very little alcohol burn and must have some good skin food stuff in it. Marvelous shave!

2021-10-27_shave.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Sandalwood shave soap (brushless, applied by hand - pump)
Soap: Black Ship Grooming High Seas
Brush: AP Shave Co. synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel (Lemon scent) - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: PAA Strange Island (from a sample)

Another two-days growth shave. Excellent results. Put some OPR in with the Black Ship lather...beautiful result! Thanks to B&B members and posts...my shaves are brilliant.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

A_20211027_082307.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom