What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

10/10 shave today!

-ATT Mixed metal CH1
-Rapira Platinum Lux (2nd)
-AP Shave Co. Brass XL 26mm Pelagic Typhoon badger
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Ice Cube
-FLS Razor Ruby Undead trifecta
20211027_075937.jpg

10/10 shave today!

-ATT Mixed metal CH1
-Rapira Platinum Lux (2nd)
-AP Shave Co. Brass XL 26mm Pelagic Typhoon badger
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Ice Cube
-FLS Razor Ruby Undead trifecta
View attachment 1353156
The razor ruby smells great doesn't it? I used the same trifecta before bed last night and still lightly smell of the neroli scents.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 27th, 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72 SS- Mfg 2021, excellent designed clamping system with the grooved safety bar also makes this razor one of my favorites(grail territory :001_wub: ). Makes for a nice shave when it comes up in the rotation. Easy going shaving.
Blade: Gillette Astra Super stainless(1) excellent, sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood- nice scent with some clove, with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 high mountain 2band silvertip , excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: WH cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm+ scentless.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Astra SS blade.
SOTD, Oct 27.2, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: GEM 1912 Junior 1920's version
Blade: GEM PTFE
Soap: Stirling Naked & Smooth
Bowl: PAA Blue Travel Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS with no touch ups. No weepers, cuts but some minor irritation that disappated shortly there after. Regardless of the GEM razor I use, I always seem to get minor irritation that goes away after the shave. Overall a very nice shave.

I am in a mood that I need to use up my soap stash, so I will be using one soap until it's gone. I finished off the B&M Classic yesterday. I say I will not buy more soap until some is used up, but we all know how that will go. My intentions are good, let's see how long I hold out.

Razor Gamechanger 84-P
Blade 7 O'clock SharpEdge
Brush Omega Badger
Soap Tabac (tallow)
Aftershave PAA John Frum

After noticing a slight nick under my jawline from yesterday's shave, I decided to go with a time tested, proven mid-range setup for today's squad. Well, except for the Tabac, which is new (to me), but it's already proven itself a great performer.

Two passes and touch-up left me with a wúnderbar, smooth dfs/bbs. The bright musk of John Frum was like icing on the cake. Mission accomplished.
9.5/10 and Chester Approved 😻
20211027_122649.jpg

Wonderful Wednesday shave, three passes + a bit of clean up, 10/10, BBS, no weepers or issues, soft and super smooth shave:

Pre-shave: warm shower
Razors: Maxwell June twinned DE- this is my fourth week with this razor and it seems to do its best with mid-level sharp blades
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)- an excellent choice for the razor, enough closeness, but still enough feel
Brush: Vulfix 100A pure badger- a very nice smaller, low-cost brush
Soap: DG Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli- the scent is different, and perhaps a bit strong for me, but the shaves are always nice with this softer soap, really good residual slickness and easy to lather
Post-shave: cold rinse, then matching DG YRP AS- face feels smooth and just great, a bit of moisturizer after the AS dried down as it's very dry here today

Have some great shaves!

PXL_20211027_162042767.jpg

Razor: Gillette Black Handle Super Speed
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (7)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts "Carpathia"
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts "Carpathia"
Rating: 9.5/10 - A little razor burn on the lower right part of my neck. No blame on any of the products; strictly user error.

20210810_081434.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten
VBmMUxIiWNM7S.gif

Last edited:
Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Blue)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Semogue 620
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Hallows (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
View attachment 1353094
Shave Rating: 10/10
Trick or TREET?
I love my TREET razors, especially this one…because it’s blue. I can love a razor for any reason I like…and I like blue!
Seriously though, I had a seriously good shave. My GEM blade was on its fourth shave which means it has just passed through puberty into manhood. The peak of perfection.
For those of you that think a Treet baton is just another ASR rebranded GEM Junion Baton razor you would be wrong. If you look under the hood you’ll find that instead of the expected closed comb, it is sporting a Clog Pruf type safety bar.
View attachment 1353103
Unfortunately my Razor rotation is so varied that I never get in enough back to back shaves to comment on which I like best. I’m pretty sure @Whiterook will pop up with his own Treet one of these days and his own personal incite.
Wow! That handle is beautiful!

939C0FA2-461C-4803-AF48-F05A68EFE42F.jpeg

RASVRA DIEI MERCVRII, XXVII OCTOBRIS, ANNO MMXXI
Pre shaving: Hot shower. Very hot shower…
Razor: Shaveology’s ‘Griffin’
Blade: Gillette Platinum (X5 and to the bin)
Brush: Jock medium
Lathering bowl: Proraso
Shaving balm: Nivea Men Aloe Vera
Post shaving: Brut ‘Origonal’ EDT, GBS Alum block
Rating: 8.8

I returned to my go-to razor, the Griffin, after three shaves with a much heavier razor: the Griffin weighs 85 grams, while the other razor weighs 107 grams. Quite a difference. Also add that the blade was 5 used old, relatively old in my standards, so the result eventually was not perfect. But not something that an alum block can not handle… 😊

It's be kind to my face week!

Wednesday's shave

Pre-shave:
shower & Proraso red preshave cream
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum #4
Soap: Stirling Veren
Brush: Made Rite reknotted with (I think) 24mm silvertip
Post shave: Thayer's WH, followed by B&M Reserve Lavender A/S

DFS+, 9.5 / 10

Mmmmmm, face continues to feel better, almost ready to tackle that Fatip Grande again on Sunday. I'm sticking with the Veren and Cella Extra Extra Bio for my rehabilitation week, although I may slip in Tabaco or Noble Otter Two Kings tomorrow, both leave my face feeling very nice. Or maybe The Fat, we'll see. I chose the B&M this morning because I love the scent, and it also has very little alcohol burn and must have some good skin food stuff in it. Marvelous shave!

View attachment 1353142
I do like your collection! That razor looks particulary neat!

Jason.

OCtober 27th
PreshavePAA The Tube
BrushRudy Vey 26mm Jade Samurai Fan two band silvertip
BowlCC Copper
SoapFine Lavender Pour Homme
RazorKarve CB OC F plate
BladeWizamet Polsilver Stainless (27)
Post ShaveAlum followed by Witch Hazel
After ShaveFine Lavender Pour Homme
BalmAOS Lavender Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
FragVintage Caron Pour Un Homme EdT
RatingDFS+ 9.8 No blood, no irritation

I forgot it was Wednesday. Oh well, My Karve F plate OC arrived today so I gave it it's inaugural shave. Very nice. The Karve with the Unobtainium blade performed admirably. Very close DFS+. My neck has been getting smoother than ever before lately. Blade 2 is still trucking. I think I will get bored of it before it deteriorates. I haven't noticed any drop off in sharpness. I can see why these were popular blades. Fine Classic soap base is excellent. I was talking about them being the same soap base as tallow Tabac, and, a guy in the thread asked if they were really the same, saying he had heard there were doubts. First I have heard, but, I don't care enough to research it. It is a wonderful soap base. If it is not the same as Tabac it is just as epic, and, with better scents. I really like Lavender Pour Homme. It is a shame they did away with that scent. I stocked up. I wish I had tried it sooner. I am really liking the vintage frag. Caron Pour Un Homme pairs well with my lavender soaps and after shaves. I ordered the afters shave spray yesterday. I will use that with Cyril R. Salter and maybe Fine as well. I like the fine scent in the soap more than in the splash. Originally I wanted to get the C&S Oxford and Cambridge frag, but, I prefer the Caron scent.

Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / VIBR
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Good shave, although wasn't the best performance. Could have cleaned up a tiny bit better and a few rogue weepers showed up after final rinse (no dots in the lather though). On the first pass the lather wasn't hydrated enough which was the culprit. Of course I just stuck with it instead of tinkering with it more like the dope that I am! :)

9/10. No irritation. And didn't cut my ear off.

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower, two days growth​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Merkur Progress Long Handle Model 510 @3​
Blade: Derby Premium (2) (First Time Using!)
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: WSP The "Duchess" White in Silvertip​
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso White Alcohol Free After Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
8.9/10 DFS!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Top Bottom