What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

What Did You Learn From Your SR Shave Today?

I find that I tend to concentrate more when shaving with a Gold Dollar W59. Not sure why yet 😕.
Profile Open.jpg

South to North on the neck is no problem with a SR.

I used to struggle with neck irritation with my DE. That has been resolved after switching to SR but I’ve still gone easy. It turns out that I don’t need to. South to North is no problem and my neck is BBS. If I ever attempt a fools pass I might be there completely.

South to North on the neck is no problem with a SR.

I used to struggle with neck irritation with my DE. That has been resolved after switching to SR but I’ve still gone easy. It turns out that I don’t need to. South to North is no problem and my neck is BBS. If I ever attempt a fools pass I might be there completely.
Don't be afraid of the Fool's Pass. I do it every shave as a test of the edge quality.

As for my neck whiskers, under the jaw line they grow from front to rear. I found this difficult to get a DFS result there with a traditional SR until I tried and perfected a sliding action in these areas from rear to front when shaving south to north. Like the Fool's Pass, this sliding action is not for beginners but it has been of great benefit to me.

As for my neck whiskers, under the jaw line they grow from front to rear. I found this difficult to get a DFS result there with a traditional SR until I tried and perfected a sliding action in these areas from rear to front when shaving south to north.
One of the first things I stumbled upon when using a straight is the benefit of moving/sliding from front to back when shaving north to south. This evening I will try the opposite. Sounds brilliant!

Top Bottom