What's new

What did you learn from your safety razor shave today?

I learned that I can take the KCG one shave further and going on 17 now! Still feels smooth and comfortable. If I take the number of shaves into perspective these blades might seem pricy at first, but per shave they are extremely cheap in this way. And for clarity purposes: YMMV.

Guido

I learned that I can take the KCG one shave further and going on 17 now! Still feels smooth and comfortable. If I take the number of shaves into perspective these blades might seem pricy at first, but per shave they are extremely cheap in this way. And for clarity purposes: YMMV.

Guido
They are certainly a huge bargain for your mug Guido…..Congratulations!

Treet Carbon black beauties go no farther than one shave for me…..1 & done.
I can get two shaves, but I can tell a difference especially under the nose and chin area.

Attachments

• 598B4852-1D5B-4D62-859D-0E72F8954EC5.jpeg
    598B4852-1D5B-4D62-859D-0E72F8954EC5.jpeg
    749.1 KB · Views: 3

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Treet Carbon black beauties go no farther than one shave for me…..1 & done.
I can get two shaves, but I can tell a difference especially under the nose and chin area.
Morning, sir! Lord Classic Super Stainless are one and done blades for me. Have you tried those?

Today was my first shave with the Timeless Slim .5mm scalloped cap with an open comb plate and polished…..All I can say is it certainly represents the Timeless family very well and did not disappoint.
A very close, smooth, and extremely efficient as I could easily have stopped with a single WTG pass, but that would be no fun with a new razor so I completed a XTG followed by a final ATG on the cheeks. I could definitely feel the teeth on this guy, so very minimal pressure is highly recommended.

Attachments

• AD824A2E-302E-4713-B430-84E28301480B.jpeg
    AD824A2E-302E-4713-B430-84E28301480B.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 13
Today I learned that a Shark blade in my vintage Gillette is 10 times better than it was in my 34C.
I also learned that Stirling Boat Drinks is an incredible soap, crazy smell but excellent shave lather.

Seems like I keep relearning what I used to know. Recently: No pressure. Zero. Zilch. No pressing. The blade is merely lightly gliding or skimming over the surface. Trust the blade. The first pass may feel like it is not doing enough, but the second pass reveals it has. I’ve never gotten a closer shave by more pressure, only more irritation and blood. Since I’ve relearned this I’ve gotten closer shaves with less irritation. I haven’t drawn blood in over a week. I’m getting a closer shave now on a blade with 60 uses than I did when I about tossed it at 17. (A good prewash and wetter, slicker lather also help.)

Seems like I keep relearning what I used to know. Recently: No pressure. Zero. Zilch. No pressing. The blade is merely lightly gliding or skimming over the surface. Trust the blade. The first pass may feel like it is not doing enough, but the second pass reveals it has. I’ve never gotten a closer shave by more pressure, only more irritation and blood. Since I’ve relearned this I’ve gotten closer shaves with less irritation.
I am relearning the exact same thing! You said it much better than I could have articulated.

This isn't a race. I'm learning that blade speed doesn't actually count for anything.
If I take the time to actually enjoy the shave process I am much happier and make far fewer mistakes.
And, don't try to sneak a shave in well you've got something on the stove.

Top Bottom