What's new

What did you learn from your safety razor shave today?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I love confirming something I thought I knew... for me, the La Faulx Classic still might be the best razor I've ever used. <eg>

I also confirmed.... while Cremo is an effective shaving cream, I'll be glad to get home to my brushes, along with my brushed on pre-shaves and brush applied shaving soaps.

I love confirming something I thought I knew... for me, the La Faulx Classic still might be the best razor I've ever used. <eg>

I also confirmed.... while Cremo is an effective shaving cream, I'll be glad to get home to my brushes, along with my brushed on pre-shaves and brush applied shaving soaps.
Interesting Kim…..Never considered “brushed on pre-shaves”.😊👍🏻💈.
Glad you and the Mrs. are having a good time on your trip!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Interesting Kim…..Never considered “brushed on pre-shaves”.😊👍🏻💈.
Glad you and the Mrs. are having a good time on your trip!
I melted a PAA Cube 2.0 in one of Scott's (Captain's Choice) Soap Lockers and have been using a brush to apply it... Since the brush is already lathered up, I've been adding pre-shave before each pass. I'm not sure it's making a huge difference, but add slickness shouldn't hurt, should it?

I learned today that my go to blade for my new Atelier La Faulx ++ (MAY) end up being the Feather Professional…..At least after trying the Professional Super and Captain Titan Mild Pink. Still way too early in the game to carve that in stone however. I was also reminded how important your preshave ritual may be and also not to “baby” your razor with uncommitted strokes, but to be confident, decisive, firm, but not reckless during the shave.
IMG_0985.jpeg

Ditto...a fresh Nacet in the otherwise mild mannered '67 TTO will still slice skin when buffing sideways. 🤦‍♂️ (what on earth was I thinking) ((as I sit here rubbing the scab that has now opened up, again🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️))
It's always my fault, I sometimes nick the bottom of my left nostril when getting ready to position the razor under my nose, just not paying attention. Maybe it's a depth perception thing, this is why the Air Force didn't want me as a pilot.

Top Bottom