What's new

What did you learn from your safety razor shave today?

Have you ever tried the .68 OC by any chance? A certain someone 😉 has definitely fed my Timeless addiction and I have an OCD regarding wanting to have both the SB and the OC of the razors I have in my collection. I think the .95 OC is a bit too much for daily shaving.

Guido

Have you ever tried the .68 OC by any chance? A certain someone 😉 has definitely fed my Timeless addiction and I have an OCD regarding wanting to have both the SB and the OC of the razors I have in my collection. I think the .95 OC is a bit too much for daily shaving.

Guido
No sir have not.

The Leaf razor and perma sharp blades are a great combination for a head shave.
The Twig and Thorn….Not a bad single edge razor at all.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I did use a new to me USA Personna Lab blue on the third use of my Rocnel Elite. The only problem was I had 6 days growth I was plowing through so it wasn't really a fair test of the USA Personna Labs. Still, the shave was great. The second and third passes felt more familiar and the end result was excellent.

I learned that I can get a “smooth as ice” shave with the Merkur Progress on level 4 with a Feather blade (2)…….YMMV of course👍😊💈
6F6C5A5D-2CE1-41A4-9C4F-9859B5FFCB23.jpeg

There was one on BST last month. A beauty. I have yet to experience the other blade gaps, but I do find it interesting to read that the lower blade gaps appear to be more aggressive than the .95 that is currently my top tier razor.

Guido
I had not been using my .38 for more than two days' growth, on the theory that a bigger gap would get down to the skin on first pass better than the minimal gap. Just learned that the .38 mows three-day whiskers just fine, making me wonder just what part blade gap plays in making a razor efficient.

I had not been using my .38 for more than two days' growth, on the theory that a bigger gap would get down to the skin on first pass better than the minimal gap. Just learned that the .38 mows three-day whiskers just fine, making me wonder just what part blade gap plays in making a razor efficient.
Exactly Steel2It. blade gap, BLADE EXPOSURE, technique, the blade itself, pre-shave preparation……Well, you get the idea. 👍😊💈

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I learned that when I switch the Lupo 72SB and the 72OC.... my preference changed. Oddly enough, I'm right handed but preferred the OC on my left side two days ago.. and today, I preferred the SB on my left side. I'm going to do complete shaves with each coming up. That might provide more useful information.

Top Bottom