What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

I'm beginning to like the smell of Salter's French Vetiver cream. Quite the turnaround as I have only used it three times and hated the smell at first.

I can get some of my best shaves while using my Pal Injectomatic razor. But to succeed, I need a lot of concentration and self control. It's aggressive, but so efficient. I was on my 8th shave on this Chinese Schick blade. Still as good as the 1st shave.

I learned that my razor search of 4 years has finally ended… DE89L w/ Feather is the absolute perfect match for me

I've tried probably 15 different types of blades in several different Merkur razors over that timespan. I ordered a EJ DE89L for no real reason, it came with feathers which would kill my face in a Merkur previously. Yesterday's shave was the shave I've been waiting for (patiently might I add)...

I'm just about a month into wet shaving. I'm a head shaver and learned to really focus on the angle of the razor when working on the back of my head since I can't see and listen for when the blade is cutting the way it should.

After several days of using boar brushes, today when I used a badger brush, the quantity of soap picked upby the badger after same amount of time on soap puck was considerably less. I had a very poorand runny lather to start with. I discarded this lather entirely and again loaded the badger brush for much longer time than I load with a boar brush. The result was very good cushiony and protective lather.
Thing to remember, load the badger more !

That after 3 years of going through several products I find that my beloved Indian shaving creams are still some of the best in the business. What fantastic shaves I've been enjoying with Shashave this last week.:)

It's been about 3 months since I loaded my merkur 37c. And my technique has improved a lot in those months. I can now get an irritation free DFS including an ATG pass. I was close to selling it, but not anymore.

That a little bit of shaving butter on the face before using soap gives a very forgiving layer allowing many passes without irritation. Of course you still need to lather before each pass, but at times I can get away with just wetting a small area if I need to hit a few hairs I missed.

Also found out that after a small amount of shave balm helps with some non-shaving related skin rashes.

That after three tries with TOBS that it is not worth the price that I paid for it. 3 tries and 3 of the worst shaves I have had.

Top Bottom