What's new

What DE to get next?

I have been shaveing with a Merkur 34c with feather blades. I occasionally use a Feather SS with Feather Professional Super blades for line ups and when I have time. I am currently looking for another DE razor. I am leaning towards a Rockwell 6s or a Muhl R41. I would say I don't have very sensitive skin, but I do have very coarse hair. What would you all recommend?

I don't own a Rockwell, but I would say the Rockwell all the way... if I could I would if for no other reason one day I feel that razor will be a collectable, plus you get 6 plates, or settings, plus it's all stainless.

I have been shaveing with a Merkur 34c with feather blades. I occasionally use a Feather SS with Feather Professional Super blades for line ups and when I have time. I am currently looking for another DE razor. I am leaning towards a Rockwell 6s or a Muhl R41. I would say I don't have very sensitive skin, but I do have very coarse hair. What would you all recommend?
I'm sure either would be great but the Rockwell 6s is really nice. I've had mine for a while and I love it. I've found that I like to just keep it on setting 6, but it's nice to have the choice. I even bought the stand. I hear the 6c feels more smooth and it's only 50 bucks.

Is the 34 efficient enough for you? If so, then I'd recommend a 6S over the R41.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Also check razor emporium and kevy shaves youtube comparisons on the 6c vs 6s. Many claim the 6c glides over your face more smoothly. I actually posted the link for the $26.95 offer after placing an order. I too started with a Merkur 34c and have since moved to a Muhle r89 and enjoy it much more. I can't speak to the r41.

Also check razor emporium and kevy shaves youtube comparisons on the 6c vs 6s. Many claim the 6c glides over your face more smoothly. I actually posted the link for the $26.95 offer after placing an order. I too started with a Merkur 34c and have since moved to a Muhle r89 and enjoy it much more. I can't speak to the r41.
That's a awesome deal!

What made you decide to sell the 6C if you don't mind me asking?

The 6c is 29.99 on this site. Good deal!!!
This is the chrome one not stainless, but still a good deal. There is another thread going right now where this was posted.
Wow, I'll be picking up the 6c at that price. Thanks for that info.

Oh I just said how great the 29.99 deal was and then saw your link for 26.95. You'd have to be crazy to not take that deal. I may get a couple for gifts.

It's not very efficient for me. I have tried several blades combos but the feather blades seem to work the best. I usually have to do 4 passes to get a bbs.

A Game Changer (GC) with the .84 closed comb/safety bar plate would be a nice step up from the 34C in terms of efficiency. And after this, you could turn the efficiency up even higher with the JAWS plate.

I say this because after spending a lot of time with my different GC plates I went back and took my 34C for a ride around the block. The 34C is an an absolute classic with a terrific design, but I now realize that it is not terribly efficient which was perfect when I started using a DE.

Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the 29.99 link is the 26.95 link I miss quoted the info. Chef455 thanks for posting that price on your page. I hope others see that. I'm tempted to make a thread labeled that because that is one of the best deals I've seen.

Oh I just said how great the 29.99 deal was and then saw your link for 26.95. You'd have to be crazy to not take that deal. I may get a couple for gifts.
Yea I agree, one the 6c is a good razor and for that price I would buy a couple. One to hang on to because I really think one day in the future the 6c and 6s will be discontinued and then that's when they are a collectable because they were the first multiplate razor

It's not very efficient for me. I have tried several blades combos but the feather blades seem to work the best. I usually have to do 4 passes to get a bbs.
In that case, I wouldn't go with either option. Look into a blackland dart, .84 game changer, timeless bronze, karve C solid plate, or a SS .95 solid bar timeless. You can find a used one for a little more than the 6S. It'll be worth saving up for.

In that case, I wouldn't go with either option. Look into a blackland dart, .84 game changer, timeless bronze, karve C solid plate, or a SS .95 solid bar timeless. You can find a used one for a little more than the 6S. It'll be worth saving up for.
I've been looking at some karve razors, the price point is high though. But I'll probably try one out.

Top Bottom