What's new

Slim head profiles - DE

Please list all the slim head profiles you own.
I surprised myself being very subjective in choosing a razor, favoring looks over the quality of the shave. The best DE razor for me is Rockwell 6S but I don’t like the big head and the fact that it clogs. Now I’m using Razorock Lupo .58/72 but I have to be more cautious when shaving. I’m also using Yaqi Remus AC style and I am satisfied by the shaves, but I still favor DE razor format.

Thank you!

I think the question is, slim compared to what? If your point of comparison is the 6S then almost everything is slimmer and folks have to list their entire razor collection.

It would probably be easier to list razors that are atypical in how flat they are, in which case the Lupo is a good example. Techs and their clones would probably also qualify, being wide but with relatively low blade bend.

I think the question is, slim compared to what? If your point of comparison is the 6S then almost everything is slimmer and folks have to list their entire razor collection.

It would probably be easier to list razors that are atypical in how flat they are, in which case the Lupo is a good example. Techs and their clones would probably also qualify, being wide but with relatively low blade bend.
Lupo and Tech would be a good standard as you point out.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I like razors that have the base plate bar as long as the blade, even if the blade tabs remain uncovered. 🤷‍♂️

In my collection and off the top of my head:

Lupo 72/95
Gamechanger 84
Paradigm Salient
Yaqi Ghost Ti (super thin and flat)
Wolfman WR1 .74 (amazingly thin flat and nimble. The winner for easily getting right under the nostrils)
PAA Meta-4 (super thin but more curved)

In my collection and off the top of my head:

Lupo 72/95
Gamechanger 84
Paradigm Salient
Yaqi Ghost Ti (super thin and flat)
Wolfman WR1 .74 (amazingly thin flat and nimble. The winner for easily getting right under the nostrils)
PAA Meta-4 (super thin but more curved)
Thank you!

Oh, I forgot to mention. I like razors that have the base plate bar as long as the blade, even if the blade tabs remain uncovered. 🤷‍♂️
Tech and Lupo are the only two I can think of although there are likely more.
The new Karve Bison looks pretty flat/thin and the baseplate/cap covers the tabs but appears to curve in toward the blade corners. However, I haven't seen a direct overhead with a blade loaded.

The Timeless Slim is an option. I haven't personally used it, but it was designed to be slimmer than their other razors for people who prefer a slim profile.

A cheap Baili BT131 or 171 (I've seen it listed both ways). The one that has the open blade tabs.

This is one of the best shavers I have. Very efficient, still fairly mild. And the head profile doesn't get any skinnier.

That's the razor on the very left. (I prefer it paired with a heavier longer stainless handle, though).

IMG_1484.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom