What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

merkur. 1 pass, stopped shaving, threw the blade away and PIFd the rest I had.

feathers were pretty bad but I finished the shave with it.

absolute worse was the Apollo no 10s. Never heard of them? yea, figures since they're that bad. I got them in a sampler from whatever vendor I bought them from and I couldn't get through the first pass. i have given them away with the warning that they were bad for me.

Derby's are up there of blades I can't get a decent shave with. Same thing for the Dorco 301's although i remember getting decent shaves from the Dorco 300's.

This blade was the worst I have ever used. I don't know who made it but it felt like I was
shaving with a rusty beer can. I couldn't make it through a half pass and I had to switch
to a Souplex to finish the shave.

proxy.php

Yes! This one! I think they are called Balaka or something of the sort.

Just one to pick? I'll try .. nope, can't do it. :w00t:

Bic Chrome
Dorco (could anything with this name be good, really?)

The bic chrome. It was not even sharp or smooth enouth for 1 shave. I stretched two out of it and looked like I had been attacked by a rabid beast. Derby I found always to give me weepers and to be to mild.

Worst: Merkurs (tried them again after a year learning the DE ins and outs with Bluebirds...still sucked for me :thumbdown)

Best: Feathers (tried them again after a year learning the DE ins and outs with Bluebirds...gave the rest of my Bluebirds to SWMBO :thumbup:)

No matter what razor I load them in Timors cause me great irratation. Oddly I can load Feathers and Gillette 7o'clocks into the same razors and get a great shave. Perhaps i just got a bad pack.

No matter what razor I load them in Timors cause me great irratation. Oddly I can load Feathers and Gillette 7o'clocks into the same razors and get a great shave. Perhaps i just got a bad pack.

Hm, I've heard good reviews of Timor blades. They're not that cheap though, so I guess it's no big loss if they don't work out for you.

Blades that don't work for me: Anything by Lord (except Shark), Dorcos, Merkurs, Derbys, German Wilkinsons, Bic, red pack Personnas.

No particular order

Feathers

Dorco 301's

Merkur

I guess I just don't have the face for Feathers, the other two, well no comment :001_smile

Currently Yellow super sharps are my favourites although I fancy trying Astra SP's.

Feather.

When I tried them first, I put it down to my inexperience, but they are still bad to me, no matter which razor I tried them in.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As a relative noob, I haven't tried that many, but so far Derby and Merkur suck hind teat. Feathers, Astra SPs and IPs have been the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom