What's new

What are your biggest 180's?

The first time I used Pinaud clubman, I became deathly ill from its cat pee odor. I immediately poured the bottle down the drain.

Fast forward 5 years later and I could use Pinaud every day! What a wonderful scent!

Too funny! I experienced almost exactly the same thing! The first time i used clubman i thought “well i’ll have this bottle the rest of my life” and yet after each use my enjoyment of it increased to where it’s now one of my favorites. Stuff must have nicotine in it or something because it just gets better the more you use it. Other 180’s? None come to mind. But i could see how that could change one day.

Pre-shave oils. I used to see no value in them, but now I love 'em!

BTW I think the simple veggie oils do just fine, and are a lot cheaper that the expensive professional stuff.

The problem is most guys apply too much and then complain about them being messy, ineffective, and corrupting the bristles on the badger brush. I use ONE literal drop in one palm, rub my hands together, and pat the oil in well for a minute. I then wait for another minute (the soak cycle) before starting the shave.

This thread is interesting. My thanks to BudgetShaverGuy for starting it.

Pre-shave oils. I used to see no value in them, but now I love 'em!
I've also come around to liking them as a pre-shave.

The boasts on the packaging of commercial shave oils ("75+ shaves") looked like nonsense to me, but I think what they really mean is "there are more than 75 drops in 15 or 20 ml", and that a drop is all you need.

The domain in which the oil is in contact with the blade is whatever the total area of your face and neck is (hard to estimate - a square foot maybe?) multiplied by the thickness of an oil film, which is almost nothing.

I think this is one of the places where less is more.

Right now, I think my biggest was bowl lathering. It was my norm, until one evening I watched a youtube video on face lathering and tried it. Since then my bowl has been gathering dust.

Top Bottom