What's new

What are you waiting on?

A bottle of Pinaud Citrus Musk Splash. Nothing else right now. But I haven't checked EBay today. LOL

Last week I got in a PAL Adjustable Injector Razor. That's tomorrow's shave.

Why are India's import duties so high? Is an attempt to force locals to shop locally made products?

Yes, part of the reason is a genuine concern to have Made in India products and make the country more self reliant. However, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Reality doesn't quite work out the way we predict. What happens is many products have no equivalent in India and as a result people import and try means to undervalue goods to escape customs inspection and duty. In general, the whole thing is a big mess where people rules and rates are changed often, bureaucracy is at its peak where officers have immunity and are not answerable to the general public (unless you have connections), and how much you get charged is quite random and unpredictable. I've imported tons of items over the years, some escape customs despite no undervaluing, sometimes they charge more than the actual product cost because they "suspect" undervaluing, sometimes they charge the "correct" duty. Hopefully, things change for the better in the future and these things become more stream lined and regularized. :001_smile

I must admit, I have been going through a rough time in my life since then, a struggle for which most folks who have creature comforts, I no longer have such comforts, and I'm learning to do without, and find solutions to unique problems.

I love your username, because I think I am starting to learn, that the dream, is to find happiness in what you have, and to not wallow in sadness for which you don't have. You might struggle harder then some other's, but it is wise to realize, that because you do struggle, means you are a step ahead on the path to reaching that dream.

The problem I have, is sometimes I don't want to let go of what I once had. I think I am learning to find that balance, so I am able to accept what my life is now. Because only through acceptance of ones situation, can one be able to move on. In other words, you can get knocked down, but its important to get back up, and continue on the journey.

I'm going through a rough patch myself. Doing my best to accept life as it happens and to be sincere but not overly serious. The more serious I am the more I cling on to things and I cling on to how I want things to be, which often never turns out to be the way I want which just leads to suffering.

I wish you strength through the rough time you are going through and as much as it doesn't seem that way, this too shall pass dear friend. :yinyang:

Big haul on its way from Rasoigoodfellas in Italy, should arrive Tuesday:

Fatip Piccolo Testina Originale (OC)
Mühle R94 Full Stainless
Omega 48 Boar Brush
Palmolive Original Shave Cream
Proraso Green Cream and Aftershave Balm
Saponificio Varesino Mirto di Sardegna Soap
Goodfellas' Smile Dawn of Glory Preshave
Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Aftershave Splash
Goodfellas' Smile Beech Wood Shaving Bowl

Can't wait!

I’m waiting on my Karve Overlander. Hopefully I will get some tracking information by this time next week. Also, waiting on this month’s GRUME to end so I can grab some soaps and aftershaves.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Gooooooood Morning B&B! Is it too early for being that loud? Too late!

This just in, SWCT always manages to find a new way to go deeper down the rabbit hole. As if a bouillon teaspoon, wasn't good enough for scooping shave soap out of the puk, nope, I had to get something fancier!

proxy.php

This is a soap scooping pic made out of grade 5 titanium, made by Yates Precision Manufacturing. You folks know how I love my titanium, and this pic should be strong enough to withstand scooping up even a hard soap without bending! It cost me 14 buckaroo's with 5 dollar buckaroo shipping, 19 buckaroo's out the door. So this is what I am waiting on. Deeper down the rabbit hole I go, where it stops, nobody knows.

Gooooooood Morning B&B! Is it too early for being that loud? Too late!

This just in, SWCT always manages to find a new way to go deeper down the rabbit hole. As if a bouillon teaspoon, wasn't good enough for scooping shave soap out of the puk, nope, I had to get something fancier!

proxy.php

This is a soap scooping pic made out of grade 5 titanium, made by Yates Precision Manufacturing. You folks know how I love my titanium, and this pic should be strong enough to withstand scooping up even a hard soap without bending! It cost me 14 buckaroo's with 5 dollar buckaroo shipping, 19 buckaroo's out the door. So this is what I am waiting on. Deeper down the rabbit hole I go, where it stops, nobody knows.
That is some rabbit hole you're in!!! I didn't even know that a soap scooping pic was a thing! I'm looking forward to you sharing your thoughts as you put it to work!

I’m waiting on the restocking of the Yate’s Winning razor. I just made the discovery of how amazing the Henson razors are and it was suggested to me to look at the Winning razor…and since they aren’t in stock it’s driving me crazy!

In fact, if anyone has a version 2 they can part with just let me know. I’ll make it well worth parting for it.

I’m waiting on my new bowl to be finished. The small raised bumps are pressed from the outside to help provide a better grip. I’m not sure on the color yet as we are tossing around blue with silver streaks or a cooler/bronze metallic look.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 2
APShaveCo 24mm G5C knot with custom Night Sky handle. I chose the smaller knot to keep the fan a little more under control.

nightsky.jpg

__ 1 kg (yes 1000 g) VITOS red, coco, Italian shaving croap
__ 1 L (yes 1000 ml) Myrsol K (Peppermint) aftershave lotion
__ 1 X Osma alum block

Buying bulk ... awesome price, awesome products.
Just over 20 € for each X1000, is that a good deal... Yes..!
Already familiar with VITOS and Myrsol. Love them both.
Osma alum block is going to be a first, looking forward to try it, people seem to rave about it

Last edited:
I have a couple vintage shaving soap bowls coming tomorrow and 200 Feathers from the Deals forum Pasteur’s Pharmacy deal.

Top Bottom