What's new

What are you waiting on?

I was waiting months for the PAA Quantum to go public, only to find out it did, but in a brass variation instead of copper like the prototypes, and it is was already sold out the first day or so of availability.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 1.37.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 6.20.51 PM.png

I have a Turn N Shave brush on the way. I've wanted one of Milton's brushes for a while now but have been looking for one with a hand-tied knot and people don't seem to sell them often. I was about to order a new one when someone offered up four for sale.

Long-term:
For Blackland to release the redesigned Sabre GEM razor!
No date yet but hopefully it'll be this year.
Short-term:
-I ordered a new Timeless .68 OC razor tonight. Should arrive next week
-An OC base plate for my Tatara Nodachi. Should be here on Monday
-A 3D printed 7 razor holder from Etsy that I just ordered. I need it!

Last edited:
My Lambda Athena arrived just prior to losing power on the 10th! I finally got it back today along with water service (well water here)!!!

Debating using it tomorrow but, the forest on my face has me thinking Muhle R41. Might be time to try a classic Schick too.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Not being critical but, why such a narrow gap? Even with an open comb that seems awful narrow. Bronze sure looks pretty when it shines but, I wonder about it when starts to turn green.

I hope it brings you years of awesome shaves!!!

Actually, the Timeless Bronze 0.38mm SB razor will surely surprise many people. Gap is not the only indicator as to aggressiveness or efficiency in a razor, exposure is a large factor as well, as is general head geometry. The 0.38mm SB is known to be surprisingly efficient for a mild gaped razor, due to its positive exposure. Also, because it has a thin head on it, I am hoping that it will be great for under the nose as well.

Timeless also makes a Timeless Bronze .078mm OC, but due to its positive exposure, along with that larger gap, its actually been known to be too aggressive for many folks. I already own razors that are crazy efficient and aggressive, I don't need another one. I am wanting a razor that can handle shorter whisker growth, and look good doing it, while also being made of quality.

The picture was just a quick grab from the internet, and I think its actually the 0.78mm razor, I just liked the picture because of the black background. So its not 100% accurate to what I will get, but close enough. I am also aware of how bronze tarnishes with a patina. Some folks like patina so much, they take it too far, and let the razor turn green, which I do not agree with that.

I am not a patina lover by any stretch of the imagination. I appreciate shinny bronze, and I intend to keep it that way. I will always clean it after use, and let dry on a towel. If I see the shiny begin to get dull, I will use a bronze polishing kit to keep it shinny. Hopefully this answers your questions. Now, if I can just get Timeless to ship out my razor order, that would be lovely. If it doesn't ship by Saturday, I will be contacting them to find out what gives.

Top Bottom