What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Mail call, can’t wait for tomorrow
FCFB31A5-A7F6-4A0F-9D63-7A2BADD8A5E8.jpeg

Had to drive my wife to town for a dental appointment (root canal), and had an hour or two to kill, so I went to the antique store down the road. Been wanting a '40s Superspeed, and found this no-date, Made in USA Gillette for ten bucks. Pretty sure it's from the late '40s.

Couldn't resist the $3 railroad spike either. 😄

20221118_135857.jpg

A bit delayed on posting this new to me case. I wanted to say a big and public Thank You to @COdiak

I purchased the pictured US Aristocrat from him, listed as caseless. What I didn't know at the time of the purchase is that it would lead to a set of fun conversations and exchanges. And those conversations would develop into a friendship. And in his generous nature he decided out of nowhere to send this case on to me. I had been looking at the very same style of case on ebay. While it is technically not a complete match for a US Aristocrat, I absolutely enjoy the color and style of this case and am happy to have it be the home for my Aristocrat.

new-case.png

A bit delayed on posting this new to me case. I wanted to say a big and public Thank You to @COdiak

I purchased the pictured US Aristocrat from him, listed as caseless. What I didn't know at the time of the purchase is that it would lead to a set of fun conversations and exchanges. And those conversations would develop into a friendship. And in his generous nature he decided out of nowhere to send this case on to me. I had been looking at the very same style of case on ebay. While it is technically not a complete match for a US Aristocrat, I absolutely enjoy the color and style of this case and am happy to have it be the home for my Aristocrat.

View attachment 1558902
Thats quite the looker! Thank you for the kind words my friend. I have really enjoyed our conversation and friendly exchanges. We should all be thankful for such an awesome place were we can convers and share. B&B for the win!

One of my most recent purchases off the BST. Thank you @cantujm You sir have made me happy happy happy. A shave with a Shark is in order tonight on this Crats 1st outing with me. A new to me razor and a new blade to try, whats better than that!?View attachment 1558951View attachment 1558952
I'm sure you will enjoy both, the blade and especially the razor. That razor is so smooth and efficient. Please send me a message and let me know how it works for you.

Last of the recent acquisitions for the moment, maybe.. This here is a 26mm Grape Ape Falstaff and the smallest brush I've ever bought tbh. Been pondering pondering my next Paladin and probably gonna go on a Micarta kick. The BAD is starting to rear its ugly head and things are getting real. Lol 20221119_163423.jpg20221119_163502.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A few more items for my English country set. A vintage silver tray from Birmingham and a made in England loupe.

View attachment 1556290

View attachment 1556291
I have a lighted camera sensor inspecting device that would work so well for checking blades. I can't seem to find a photo of the model I have so I can't post one from online. I'll have to get it out of the closet. It's in Really Useful Box with all my sensor cleaning stuff.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a lighted camera sensor inspecting device that would work so well for checking blades. I can't seem to find a photo of the model I have so I can't post one from online. I'll have to get it out of the closet. It's in Really Useful Box with all my sensor cleaning stuff.

I ran out of edit time:

I checked their website. They no longer sell the 7X... the current model is 5X: Quasar R 5x Sensor Loupe Magnifier with Dark Adaptation Technology | Sensor and digital camera cleaning products - https://visibledust.com/products/quasar-r-5x-sensor-loupe-magnifier-with-dark-adaptation-technology/

I don't know the price of a decent microscope but this might be an alternative not sure.

Here are some other alternatives. I'm guessing they would be available from Australian suppliers as well. Camera supply companies should carry them, in whatever country you reside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom