What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

How do you like the Brandy Spice?
Used it for the first time this morning. Like regular Clubman, it's intense and long lasting, but a good aroma and very appropriate to the season. Again like regular, it makes my face feel great.

(Edit) Should add that the name describes the smell pretty well -- dusky fruit and spicy.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, how much does MdC set you back in Canada. Bet its not cheap.
Here you go...

The Great White North tends to get hit bad with exchange rates, so buying from a Canadian vendor is frequently cheaper.
Screenshot_20221114-180423_Chrome.jpg

A few more items arrived for my English themed, country, straight razor set.

First, I got some new oil for the blades. I had been using Balistol which I also at home. This is a great product but it doesn’t really go with the theme of the set. I have replaced Balistol with Bisley gun oil. This product is much more inkeeping with the theme of the set.

317004AA-E6BF-46F3-AC5E-01BDFD47C5C8.jpeg

Secondly, I needed a replacement for the bead that I had been using as a marker to show where I was at in the seven day straight razor rotation. I have no idea where this bead was made and I suspect it was probably China. Totally unacceptable. I order to replace the bead, I’ve imported some English sea glass. It doesn’t get much more English than this. The sea glass was collected from the beach at Seaham which is famous for its sea glass. Between 1853 and 1921 the beach was the site of the Londonderry Bottle works. The largest bottle works in the UK at the time. At its peak it had over 500 employees and was turning out 20,000 hand blown glass bottles per day. At the end of each shift for nearly 70 years they would dump the scrap glass into the sea. Having been tumbled in the North Sea for over 100 years it now washes up in mass with every tide. I think it looks rather nice for antique garbage. These will make a more suitable place marker.

4E3D0B84-DE8C-48E3-9280-998CB6CC1FB3.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Stirling Soap never disappoints. Received a sample of Christmas Eve body lotion with my order. Spent a bit too much money than I should have but everything sounded so good. Some new scents to try and a few favorites. Giving the aftershave balm a try. Needed an aftershave, alum by itself is not ideal.

20221123_192918.jpg

Last edited:
Got me a Super Blue razor and blades to try, and my Fatboy on the Loose I got from @Tanuki , my Aristocrat I got from @ackvil , my Red Tip, and the Cap from my FBT I got from @Cal just got back all polished up and shiny! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
View attachment 1561082View attachment 1561083View attachment 1561084View attachment 1561085View attachment 1561086

~doug~
Chris does some great work. I am considering sending in my two RFB's to be tuned up. I think a polish is plenty. He did an awesome job on my Fatboy.

Top Bottom