What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Was very pleased with the Pre De Provence soap i'd got on a trip to US - checked to see if any available local to Thailand for me when I got back home... and found iHerb had the Bergamot & Thyme on discount - around equivalent of $11 (from usual $18) so ordered 4x plus a bottle of Dickinson's Witch Hazel to try.
I normally use Thayer's (with drops of Tea Tree oil added) so will give the Dickinson's a try - has Hyaluronic aicd as well as aloe, so may be very good too.

Box.JPG

BoxGoodies.JPG

I had been looking for some kind of blade storage between shaves. Ive had magnets on the wall and about everything else you can think of but nothing made me happy or helped with the count of uses.

I got this in the mail today. Now im satified with my blades between shaves.

IMG_20221125_181927397.jpg

Etsy. It took a month to get it and i think i will add some weight to it. But in the end this will work well

linty1

My wallet cries.
@Rosseforp Hope you enjoy that Super Blue, I picked one up during my honeymoon (many years ago) just random happened upon it and I really like it. I like tech heads in general though.

Was going to the mall to pick up a Black Friday order (its upstairs, will show when I'm up there) and picked up a bag of these for nostalgia:

793B9A70-CBD9-464E-A9BB-402650BFFC95.jpeg

D9831E65-B45A-4AF1-BCF2-0638FB1E3FE0.jpeg

Huh... Its been many many gears since I've used one but I thought the head was smaller? Similar to a Mach3 head? Or maybe my brains just fuzzy. Remember dry shaving with one of these.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
@Rosseforp Hope you enjoy that Super Blue, I picked one up during my honeymoon (many years ago) just random happened upon it and I really like it. I like tech heads in general though.

Was going to the mall to pick up a Black Friday order (its upstairs, will show when I'm up there) and picked up a bag of these for nostalgia:

View attachment 1562524

View attachment 1562525

Huh... Its been many many gears since I've used one but I thought the head was smaller? Similar to a Mach3 head? Or maybe my brains just fuzzy. Remember dry shaving with one of these.
After using a DE razor for a while I was surprised how good the Bic disposable is if used correctly. It is a very good razor, the superb Bic Metal is even better 👍

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

View attachment 1562524

View attachment 1562525

My dad always had several bags of those around. :001_smile

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

View attachment 1562524

View attachment 1562525

The only carts I ever used were Atra back in the 80's before I switched to electric, and recently the Gillette Guard. Never got along with the Atra carts, but found the Guard surprisingly easy to use.

~doug~

Secondly, I needed a replacement for the bead that I had been using as a marker to show where I was at in the seven day straight razor rotation. I have no idea where this bead was made and I suspect it was probably China. Totally unacceptable. I order to replace the bead, I’ve imported some English sea glass. It doesn’t get much more English than this. The sea glass was collected from the beach at Seaham which is famous for its sea glass. Between 1853 and 1921 the beach was the site of the Londonderry Bottle works. The largest bottle works in the UK at the time. At its peak it had over 500 employees and was turning out 20,000 hand blown glass bottles per day. At the end of each shift for nearly 70 years they would dump the scrap glass into the sea. Having been tumbled in the North Sea for over 100 years it now washes up in mass with every tide. I think it looks rather nice for antique garbage. These will make a more suitable place marker.

View attachment 1560519
Between the story and the use of the items man, this is an awesome post thanks, for bringing a piece of history to my day

linty1

My wallet cries.
Been keeping an eye out for this, for some reason whenever I remembered to look, it would be out of stock, somebody had mentioned exchange rates with the pound being good:
9981E203-591B-4527-B502-C1B40B92AD57.jpeg

So I went to look on Connaught and a puck of Tcheon almond, shipped to my door for $7cad? I can’t…. Like… how? Shipping alone is more than $7cad. I’ll post pics when it arrives.

The final piece of the puzzle for my English country set. For those that are not aware, I’ve been putting together an English themed shaving set to keep at our holiday house. Bit by bit I’ve been replacing everything with made in England items. The last thing I needed was an oiling rag for my straight razors. I could hardly believe my luck when I stubbled across the Selvyt polishing cloths.

3535E00F-47C7-41FB-B04C-FBECFFF1263C.jpeg

Top Bottom