What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Early this month, I won a Captain's Choice contest for Overseas Members.
This arrived the other day. The prize included free shipping...to Japan!
Thank you @Captain Pre-Capsize

IMG_5131.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg
IMG_5133.jpeg
IMG_5135.jpeg

Last edited:
I told my wife that if I found an injector at the antique store today, I was going to buy it. I found one, and as she was trying to drag me to the register, I saw another, closed box. I opened it to find the Gillette Milord (1947?).

The Schick looks near new, sadly the blade injector is empty. The Milord is missing some plating, mainly on the handle but is straight and functions perfectly. Total: $19

20220626_174609.jpg

I told my wife that if I found an injector at the antique store today, I was going to buy it. I found one, and as she was trying to drag me to the register, I saw another, closed box. I opened it to find the Gillette Milord (1947?).

The Schick looks near new, sadly the blade injector is empty. The Milord is missing some plating, mainly on the handle but is straight and functions perfectly. Total: $19

View attachment 1478777
With injector razors, if the injector is empty, do you refill it with new blades, or just use a new injector? Is the Milord a British-made Super Speed?

Reactions: edw
With injector razors, if the injector is empty, do you refill it with new blades, or just use a new injector? Is the Milord a British-made Super Speed?
I'll just buy some new Schick injector blades, they are still available in some stores and on -line.

I think my razor was made in 1947, in the USA

linty1

My wallet cries.
A box arrived today from Connaught:
C5CDF8B3-5B50-4A16-A94D-F701E5A98227.jpeg

62EF826B-68AD-4D90-AA59-ADE08AAA1F00.jpeg

1491DF39-3F71-4F6F-A48E-F591FFA24B10.jpeg

A Merkur 38c, another pack of the Kai milds that are working so well for me, and decided to try a pack of Schick prolines, they seem to be well regarded as far as ac blades go, and I wanted to try ac blades without the training wheels. The Merkur, well I remember really liking the barberpole handle on the slant version, but was way too aggressive. So got the 38c. Almost got the Parker 99 variant, but Connaught had it for a good price and I was familiar with the vendor.

I spent almost $5k on an entire collection to get a bottom dial in it, and it all came today.
Then, I found a local collection on Facebook, and spent hundreds on 53 razors and 27 brushes. My wife is not thrilled, but trusts me.
Not going to be posting a large bst thread, but started an LLC and will be launching a a vendor shortly, hopefully!
Here's some pics...
Umm......wow! This is jaw-dropping!

Congrats on finding the Bottom Dial. It looks pretty nice. I hope it is in perfect working order, but if it is not, there are people who can tune it up for you.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Bought a small 1/2 inch NPT shower valve for throttling water for my shower, great for shower shaving(I do not shave in the shower.). I bought it for better lathering of my soap when washing, the old way just washes the soap off to quick, this way I get a nice small trickle to lather from, works great!
Shower nozzle .5 inch NPT .jpg

Have some great showers!

Top Bottom