What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

IMG_20210216_162354.jpg

No need to mention how beautiful the SV smells.

16€ euros the SV
3.80€ the new super formula

I'm more a collector than a wet shaver now.

PXL_20210216_210918781.jpg

Goodies arrived today

A VERY nice Schick Double Edge razor (pretty sure it's pre-Kona - looking through another thread to try to narrow down the likely date). Can't guarantee it's NOS but both blades are still there and there are no obvious signs of usage.

Haslinger Sheep in tin - very excited to use this

And Oleo/Chicago Grooming Seibo - which I'm disappointed doesn't really smell like I had hoped and will likely be passed along to the bay or BST.

View attachment 1224017

Goodies arrived today

A VERY nice Schick Double Edge razor (pretty sure it's pre-Kona - looking through another thread to try to narrow down the likely date). Can't guarantee it's NOS but both blades are still there and there are no obvious signs of usage.

Haslinger Sheep in tin - very excited to use this

And Oleo/Chicago Grooming Seibo - which I'm disappointed doesn't really smell like I had hoped and will likely be passed along to the bay or BST.
That is too bad because Oleo Duck Fat is amazing base.

I believe it is the Canard base?

That is too bad because Oleo Duck Fat is amazing base.

I believe it is the Canard base?

Yes it is - I was VERY much looking forward to it but it just doesn't hit my nose well. I even did a sample lather because I've had soaps that didn't smell quite as nice in the container as they do lathered up - but no go.

My wife says it smells like clay.

It's not "bad" just not my style.

Yes it is - I was VERY much looking forward to it but it just doesn't hit my nose well. I even did a sample lather because I've had soaps that didn't smell quite as nice in the container as they do lathered up - but no go.

My wife says it smells like clay.

It's not "bad" just not my style.
Yeah clay is not that bad, but scent is a problem for me too. I love many soap bases but struggle to get an acceptable scent.

Thanks

I’m not sure what the base is for First Canadian Shave as it doesn’t say on the tub or site, but don’t think it’s the same base as First Line Shave as they don’t have the same ingredients
3.0 FLS seems great but way too expensive. I'm getting a Milksteak for less.

Haven’t and can’t try 3.0 FLS due to an Almond allergy. Milksteak is top notch for sure
No worries. I'm planning to get a Stirling Mutton Tallow, because I really liked the Barbershop, but gives me some burn on the second pass..

The Electric Sheep. But, how is the smell??

image.jpg

I just got this new Dubl Duck Goldedge from Ebay, plus Caswell-Massey’s almond shaving cream and aftershave balm from Amazon. After test-lathering the cream with several brushes, I’ve found it to work best with those with less backbone, like my Vie-Long horsehair and Vulfix super badger. It’s very soft, so it’s almost pre-whipped, and you need more product to get a sufficient lather. But with the right brush, it seems to do a good job. Plus, the 8 oz container makes up for using more cream.

As for the Duck, I first polished it, then honed it up to 20k, with a post-finish on my Ark for added comfort and slightly more keenness. Plinks off hairs like a charm. I’ll be test-shaving with it and the cream this morning.

Top Bottom